Elem Pomo Fight to Protect Rattlesnake Island
- MAKING INDIAN LAND IN THE ALLOTMENT ERA: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA'S INDIAN RANCHERIAS. SCHNEIDER, KHAL // Western Historical Quarterly;Winter2010, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p429
This essay examines the problem of Indian land recovery in three Northern California counties. In the late nineteenth century, Pomo wageworkers bought small community rancherias. The federal government made similar purchases in the early twentieth century for the "landless Indians of California"...
- Land Tenure Issues in Economic Development. Dale, Peter // Urban Studies (Routledge);Oct97, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p1621
Summary. Land, property and construction are reckoned to account for around 20 per cent of the gross domestic product of many nations. The relationship between people and the land is complex and differs between nations depending on their history, culture and legal system. Many countries,...
- U.S. 31 land dispute could cost Carmel big. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p3
Reports the cost of land dispute for the city of Carmel in Indiana. Dispute highlights on the development of the corridor prime acreage; Views of the city to the development of a major intersection at 131st street; Emphasis for buying land in the protective-buying phase.
- A bridge that divides. Clausen, Lisa // Time International (South Pacific Edition);05/26/97, Issue 21, p52
Discusses the three-year campaign by Aborigines in Australia to stop the construction of a bridge on Hindmarsh Island. The native belief linking the island to female fertility; The entrepreneurs, Tom and Wendy Chapman, looking to develop the island; The conflict as one of the most divisive...
- Cargiant clashes with Queen's Park Rangers. // Motor Trader;Oct2014, Issue 5355, p10
The article focuses on the conflict between used car supermarket Cargiant and the Queen's Park Rangers Football Club over the future development of the supermarket's freehold land in London, England.
- Untitled. // Remember Your Relations: The Elsie Allen Baskets, Family & Frien;1996, p126
A photograph of Pomo Indian families taken outside St. Mary's Church in Ukiah, California in 1924 is presented.
- Untitled. // Remember Your Relations: The Elsie Allen Baskets, Family & Frien;1996, p6
A map of the Pomo rancherias and neighboring towns of Mendocino, Sonoma and Lake Counties in California is presented.
- Land Readjustment, Urban Planning and Urban Sprawl in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area. Sorensen, Andre // Urban Studies (Routledge);Dec99, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p2333
This paper examines the role of land readjustment (LR) projects in suburban planning and land development in a case-study area in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area. LR projects have been the most important planning tool in Japan, yet the results of their use to develop over 30 per cent of Japanese...
- Hammerson nets Â£300m in new bond issue. // EuroProperty;2004, p8
Great Britain property company Hammerson PLC has issued Â£300m of unsecured bonds due for repayment in 2026. Interest will be payable in arrears each February at 6 percent. Bonds were priced to yield a margin of 125 basis points over the 6 percent gross redemption yield of Treasury stock due...