Concealed guns: a crime-fighting tactic?
- Guns and crime. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jun96, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p21
Introduces the report `Guns Used in Crime' from the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
- Assemblyman's shooting brings attention to violence in Brownsville. BARKER, CYRIL JOSH // New York Amsterdam News;8/18/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 33, p6
The article discusses the need for attention regarding the gun violence in Brownsville, Brooklyn, New York City, after a stray bullet hit the car of Assemblyman William Boyland while on the way home together with his 7-year-old son.
- New gun trade: turning them in. Scherer, Ron; LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;5/4/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 114, p1
Reports on the growing popularity of gun buyback programs, and the reasons that they do not reduce violence which include the fact that criminals do not turn in their guns.
- The Gun Tragedy/Gun Law Lag. Doherty, Brian // Hit & Run;1/16/2011, p61
A chart is presented which show the time lag between some gun-related crime and the legislative action towards it in the U.S.
- The President's Radio Address. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/29/99, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p488
Presents the text of a radio address given by United States President Bill Clinton on March 20, 1999 which deals with the prevention of gun violence and crime.
- Memorandum on Deterring and Reducing Gun Crime. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/29/99, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p489
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President Bill Clinton on March 20, 1999 which deals with the strategies to reduce gun crime.
- Appeals court OKs suit against gunmakers. // Business Insurance;01/07/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p1
Reports the court ruling on a case against manufacturers and distributors of guns in Illinois. Example of the ruling of the Illinois State Court of Appeals; Impact of gunmakers to the public; Charges filed.
- Outing those in the killing business. Stephen, Andrew // New Statesman;10/25/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4459, p24
Comments on the guns and ammunition industry in the United States (US). Anecdote on a meeting with a gun manufacturer; Statistics on US suicides using guns; Implications of a US federal decision against gun manufacturers; Financial aspects of gun manufacturing in the US.
- Deaths in the U.S. Involving Firearms, by Age, 1996. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p896
No abstract available.