Snapshots From The Energy Wars
- Higher Prices Heat Up Appeal of Gas Producers. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the merger & acquisition deals of Denver, Colorado-based gas producers in April and May 2004. Factor that prompted the deals; Merger of Canada's energy company EnCana Corp. and natural gas producer Tom Brown Inc.; Benefits of the consolidation of EnCana and Tom Brown; Value of the...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;5/10/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 19, p24
Reports the completion of the acquisition of Kemira company's titanium dioxide plant by Kerr-McGee company. Previous acquisition made by Kerr-McGee; Combined value of the deals.
- Big Independents Flee Shallow Gulf. Terzo, Gerelyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/30/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p11
The article reports that independent energy companies are selling their assets in the shallow Gulf of Mexico. Energy companies are experiencing difficulties in production because of the following reasons: decline rates of properties and slip in production in the aftermath of hurricanes in 2005....
- Lehman Posts 24% Profit Gain. // American Banker;3/16/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 51, p20
The article looks at a statement by Lehman Brothers that solid fixed-income trading and near-record merger activity around the world helped lift its 2006 first-quarter earnings 24%. Lehman earned $1.08 billion, or $3.66 a share, including a 16 cents a share accounting-change gain. Goldman Sachs...
- Tsoodzil looms large in Prewitt hearts, landscape. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;6/11/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 23, pA3
The article reports on Tsoodzil or Mount Taylor as it towers over Prewitt, New Mexico. It notes that Jones Garcia, a 51-year-old resident of Prewitt, states that he believes uranium killed his father and brother after they worked near the summit and does not blame the mountain but his former...
- On the Defensive. Carter, Adrienne // Money;Dec2000, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p64
Addresses investment tips and predictions made by 'Money' magazine, with an update on how those suggestions have fared, as of December 2000. How Chase Manhattan failed to live up to expectations; Impact of an announcement that Bestfoods would acquire Unilever on their stock value; Praise for...
- Kerr-McGee Favored to Acquire Most of Kemira's TiO... Business. Young, Ian; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/12/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p20
Reveals that Kerr-McGee company has emerged as the favorite to acquire the bulk of Kemira company's titanium dioxide business. Capacity of Kemira's plants; Plan of Kemira to divest its nitrogen fertilizer business.
- Kennecott Closes Jacobs Ranch Deal. // Coal Age;Sep98, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p11
Reports that Kennecott Energy and Coal Co., and Kerr-McGee Corp. have closed the sale agreement on the Jacobs Ranch mine in the Powder River Basin. Value of the deal; Information on Jacobs Ranch mine; Information on Jacobs Ranch production.
- Kerr-McGee Confirms Plans to Buy Two Kemira Plants. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;2/23/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 8, p7
Points out the decision of Kerr-McGee company to purchase titanium dioxide plants at Savannah, Georgia and Botlek, Netherlands from Kemira company. Terms of the deal; Production capacity of the plants; Business goals of Kerr-McGee; Increase in the company's chemicals operating profit.