Analysts Puzzled By Piper's Fuzziness
- Spun Off And Still a Bit Dizzy. // On Wall Street;Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p42
The article features Minneapolis, Minnesota-based regional brokerage firm Piper Jaffray. The retail brokerage business of the company has been struggling and the company's CEO Andrew Duff is faced with the challenge of improving the business while strengthening the division that underwrites...
- Piper Jaffray Plans to Expand N.Y. Trading Desk. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;5/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 94, p2
Presents the expansion plans of Piper Jaffray Inc., a banking arm of Bancorp, in New York equities sales and trading office. Views of the head of equity trading on expansion; Favorable market conditions for the expansion; Reasons for expansion.
- Last Chance for Piper Jaffray Shares. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;12/22/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 244, p23
Today is the last day to buy U.S. Bancorp stock and receive shares from the spinoff of its Piper Jaffray Inc. brokerage, which is scheduled to become independent on January 2. Shares of Piper Jaffray will be distributed to U.S. Bancorp shareholders of record as of 5 p.m. On December 31 those...
- TECHNOLOGY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 13, p50
The article presents data related to investments made in the technology sector as of March 28, 2005. Some of the U.S. investment banks listed are Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Borclays Capital, Piper Jaffray Cos., Deutsche Bank AG and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Piper Jaffray Reorganizes to Form New Public Finance Group. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32160, p6
This article reports that Minneapolis-based Piper Jaffray Cos. has restructured its public finance investment banking and municipal sales and trading activities under one group called public finance services. The new group will be headed by Frank Fairman, director of public finance, who will...
- Piper Jaffray takes a stand in Chicago. MAREK, LYNNE // Crain's Chicago Business;8/24/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 34, p0009
The article reports on the move by Minneapolis, Minnesota-based financial firm Piper Jaffray to acquire investment banking boutique River Branch Holdings and the municipal bond business of Bank of Montreal in Chicago, Illinois to significantly increase its presence in the city and pursue...
- Piper Jaffray Revamps Fixed Income. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/27/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 25, p5
The article presents information on the formation of a new public finance unit and new corporate unit by Piper Jaffray Cos. In April, Piper Jaffray, a unit of the financial service holding company in the U.S., Bancorp Inc. reported a thumping 47% drop in earnings due to lower institutional...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/30/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p42
The article presents equity-related statistics and various news items associated with investment banking. Piper Jaffray Cos., in a regulatory filing, said it will cut its staff by about 3% and cut the amount of leased office space it maintains in New York and San Francisco. The Minneopolis-based...
- Overhill Farms Ogles Its Options. S. G. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the hiring of Piper Jaffray by Overhill Farms Inc. to help the small capitalization company explore various strategic alternatives. Stock performance of Overhill; Business operation; Earnings of Overhill for its first quarter ended January 2, 2005.