S&P Reduces GM And Ford to Junk
- GM, Ford downgraded. // BRW;5/12/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p81
Reports that credit ratings agency Standard and Poor's Corp. has downgraded the credit outlook of automobile manufacturers General Motors (GM) and Ford Motor in the United States. GM and General Motors Acceptance Corp. to BB; Ford Motor Credit Co. to BB+; Negative outlook.
- GM and Ford Downgrades a Drag on Munis. Fine, Jacob // Financial Planning;Jun2005, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the effects of Standard & Poor's downgrade of General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. on its municipal bond issues. Total amount of municipal bond issues that were affected; Basis of the downgrades.
- Report: Supplier outlook bleak. Nussel, Philip // Automotive News;6/19/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6208, p3
This article reports on the statement issued by ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. that the financial outlook for North American auto suppliers in the second half of 2006 is deteriorating. The New York-based agency cited production cuts by General Motors Corp. (GM) and Ford Motor Co.,...
- S&P puts 8 auto suppliers on credit watch list. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p29
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Ratings Services has put the credit ratings of eight automotive suppliers on credit watch negative. This announcement is due to Ford Motor Co.'s announcement that it will sharply cut back its production schedule. Placed on credit watch means that the...
- High Yield Faces Down Ford Cuts. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/25/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 36, p12
The article reports on the declining credit quality of Ford Motor Co. Concerns over the descent of the company is now in the market. Moody's Investors Service slashed Ford's credit rating to B3, which was originally in B2. Standard & Poor's Corp, also slashed Ford and Ford Credit's long term...
- Goodwill hunting. Guilford, Dave; Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;04/16/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5925, p1
Reports on Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp.'s efforts to replace or repair faulty parts on their sport-utility vehicles. Number of sport-utility vehicles affected by defective parts; Launch of redesigned versions of the mid-sized sport utilities; Ford's attempts to erase memories of...
- GM awaits 4 suvs in war with Ford. Miller, Joe // Automotive News;10/4/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5841, p32
Reports on General Motors' planned launch of its year 2000 model sport utility vehicles. Features and specifications of the Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevrolet Suburban, GMC Yukon and GMC Yukon XL; Background on the company's competition with Ford Motor for the sport utility vehicle market.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32127, p1
The article presents information on recent developments related to the U.S. bond market. Reversing earlier weakness, the municipal bond market finished firm along with Treasuries after Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. debt to junk status, sparking a...
- Municipals Finish Firm Following S&P's Downgrade of Automakers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32127, p2
The article presents information on several recent developments in the U.S. municipal bond market. Reversing earlier weakness, the municipal bond market finished firm along with Treasuries after Standard & Poor's downgraded General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. debt to junk status, sparking a...