PE Without Fund Management Fees?
- Private Equity Without Fund Management Fees? Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Management Weekly;5/16/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
Focuses on the decision of private equity firm Bard Capital Partners to collect fund management fees from actual investments and not on uncommitted funds. Disadvantages of the business model used by the equity firm; Main industrial holding of the firm; Approach used by the firm to address...
- Investors must roll with changes. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;12/25/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p2
The article reports on the strategy to be adopted by real estate investors in the U.S. This will help them change the way they invest in the future. This was stated in a study released by LaSalle Investment Management Inc. Among the new real estate strategies recommended are international,...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Neuger, Win J.; Carder, James L. // Pensions & Investments;2/6/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in previous issues including "Investors win in battle with AIG," in the December 26, 2005 issue and an article on smaller firms' portable alpha strategies in the January 23, 2006 issue.
- Private investors are sitting on sidelines. Millard, David // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p37
Explains how changing dynamics of the financial markets have affected investments in private equity markets in the U.S. Dynamics of the financial market; Classification of venture capitalists; Difference between the investing strategies of venture capitalists and established investment companies.
- Good neighbours. Macliver, Stephen // Lawyer;6/12/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p37
The article focuses on the interest of private equity investors in Australia in the growth and prosperity of marketplace in New Zealand. It points out that Australian-based private equity funds are buying up New Zealand businesses. The corporate decisions for both markets are being made in...
- GC Perspective: Ian Kelly, CEO, Augentius on Operational Challenges for Funds. // Global Custodian News;Jun2015, p72
The author discusses aspects of the increase demand of private equity and real estate investors for asset management in the U.S. He highlights the strong financial performance of the private equity and real estate industry in the country. The author examines the highest-performing funds in...
- Sell-off helps Electra stay on track. Jackson, Will // Fund Strategy;7/21/2008, p25
The article reports that the long-term investments of Electra Private Equity PLC have proven financially beneficial to the company. When it sold its stake in Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern Railroad in September 2007, Electra got $72 million in exchange, 20 times than its original investment....
- Not Livingston's Africa. Vasan, Paula; Lord, Nick // AiCIO;Dec2011, p40
From aiCIO Magazine's Winter 2011 Issue: When foreign investors are looking to a new asset class, they do like to see that local investors are already there. However, for African private equity, this is not necessarily the case.
- Big is Beautiful, Say PE Investors. Pfeuti, Elizabeth // AiCIO News;2013, p1
Private equity funds closing in the third quarter raised $311 billion, outpacing the $259 billion gathered in the same quarter last year.