Long-Term Care Insurance: Do Your Clients Need It? How Do You Talk About It?
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Do Your Clients Need It? How Do You Talk About It? Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar1999, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p34
Discusses whether long-term care insurance is the solution to preserving one's wealth and safeguarding the family. Comments from Spring Leonard, chief financial planner of SBL Financial Enterprise; Remarks from experts on long-term care insurance; Qualities to look for in an insurance policy.
- Companies Bring Out LTCs For Varied Reasons. KOCO, LINDA // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/1/99, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p27
Reports on the individual long-term care policies introduced in 1998 in the United States. Reason for introducing the products; Offering from the Mutual of Omaha Companies; Reason Mutual of Omaha built the separate spouse policy.
- Put The LTC Policyholder In The Driver's Seat. Kaplan, Samuel X. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/14/98, Vol. 102 Issue 50, p19
Discusses several benefits that should be offered to purchasers of long-term care (LTC) insurance products in the United States. Access to care; Provision of a home care maximizer; Credentialing and publishing of reports concerning LTC facilities; Requirement for LTC facilities to assess and...
- LTC shopping calls for close comparisons. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p46
Provides advice on buying long-term care (LTC) insurance policies in the U.S. Factors that indicate an efficient LTC insurance, such as the financial stability of the insurance carrier; Suggestions on choosing a target market; Features of LTC policies.
- Making Group LTC Plans Easy. Kaplan, Samuel X. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/30/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 31, p17
Describes how to keep simplicity and ease in drafting policies for long-term care (LTC) insurance. Trend among LTC plans; Drawbacks to the approach.
- Long-term care options proliferate on tax breaks. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1997, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p64
Presents a survey of the 36 individual long-term care insurance policies offered by 29 companies in the United States. Requirements for coverage; Levels of care; Elimination periods; Benefit periods; Daily benefit; Inflation protection; Renewability; Distribution; Optional riders; States...
- Can You Afford NOT To Have Long-Term Care Insurance? // Tennessee Tribune;10/28/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p15B
The article offers tips on how to acquire long-term care insurance including the need to purchase such policy to a financially stable firm, checking for cash benefits, and ensuring the insurance's inflation protection.
- Investment commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p26
Provides information for a good long-term health care insurance policy. Includes strong financial backing; Adequate daily benefit; Inflation protection ability; Health care option provision; Reasonable elimination period; Acceptable benefit period.
- In Defense Of LTC. Gurlik, Greg // Financial Planning;Jun99, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p240
Focuses on the assessment of elements that should be considered when selecting a long-term care insurance policy. Conditions under a managed care contract about choosing a care provider; Difference between indemnity and reimbursement policy.