CONTENT ANALYSIS: Promises, Promises
- It's Value Engineering. Spano, Rick // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2005, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p38
Looks into the integration of new security systems in companies. Factors to consider when designing an integrated system; Identification of management tools that most access and fire control systems offer as standard features; Benefits of acquiring an interfaced system.
- securex 2003 show guide. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p15
Presents information on Securex 2003, a trade show of the security systems sector in Great Britain. Exhibitors; Products that will be exhibited; Highlights of the event.
- On the Market. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p75
Features various security products available in the market as of September 2005. Remote monitoring cameras from Digi International Inc.; Cabinets with alarm from Safety Technology International Inc.; Access control software from Compass Technologies.
- Audio Verifies Alarm Activations During Storm. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p15
Discusses the prevalence of alarm systems' audio capabilities in determining the validity of the alarms of customers during heavy storms according to Sonitrol dealers, Sonitrol of Miami and Sonitrol of Orlando Inc. Instances that test the effectiveness of the audio capabilities of the alarm systems.
- What's Wrong with This? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p41
The article focuses on the faulty installation of a wireless security system for a residential account consisting of 14 door/window transmitters, four motion transmitters, five smoke detector transmitters and five carbon monoxide detectors. The installation is shown in a diagram. The problem...
- INTEGRATION: THE END-USERS' PERSPECTIVE. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p66
The article focuses on the integration of the security systems of end users by limiting the products they use to one set system that they replicate whenever possible. Security systems should be standardized. Manufacturers should develop open architecture and plug-and-lay systems that would give...
- County Security Systems Are Linked Through Operations Center Remodeling. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p115
The article highlights the development of a complete security system overhaul for Hennepin County, Minnesota by VTI Security Integrators (VTI). Founded in 1980, VTI had built a 20-year relationship working with Hennepin County. The partnership began with basic and standalone systems located at...
- Security Products. // Sound & Video Contractor;Sep2004 Supplement, Vol. 22, p30
Introduces several security products. Video cameras from Sony Electronics; Video data recorder from JVC Professional Products; Network camera from JVC Professional Products.
- Alarm Ordinance Revised in Los Angeles. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the revision of the alarm ordinance by the mayor of Los Angeles, California. Focus of the alarm ordinance revision; Fines for the false alarms; Statement of George Gunning of USA Alarm Systems Inc. on the revision of the ordinance.