Decoding Mobile Device Security
- Ring Tones: Just A Start. Rothschild, Dave // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p37
Comments on the popularity of downloaded cellular telephone ring tones, as of November 2001. Drawbacks to the trend; Implications of the service to mobile communications system; Recommendations for the wireless industry.
- The health hazards of mobile phones. Maier, Michael; Blakemore, Colin; Koivisto, Mika // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/13/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7245, p1288
Editorial. Discusses the health hazards of mobile telephones. Risk of using mobile phones while driving; Association of cancer and other health symptoms with mobile phone use; Relation between mobile phone use and mortality; Benefits of a mobile phone.
- Rural carriers excited about 3G. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p3
Explains that rural carriers are excited about the third generation mobile communication system. Focus of the Rural Cellular Association conference in Las Vegas, Nevada on the emerging third generation wireless communication system; Why rural carriers are excited.
- U.K. Study Spotlights Risks. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p1
Reports on a study on the health risks of cellular phones commissioned by the British government. Key questions on the risk of mobile phones; Recommendations of the study.
- Handset wringing. O'Shea, Dan // Wireless Review;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the continuous innovative development and potential convergence of mobile devices. Problems experienced by handset market; Disadvantages of the potential convergence of mobile devices for buyers; Possible solution to the growth crisis of handset market.
- All talk, limited action. Orubeondo, Ana; Jefferson, Steve // InfoWorld;09/25/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p61
Evaluates two mobile telephone systems. Kyocera's Wireless pdQ smart phone; GlobalStar satellite phone service.
- Mobile Phones and Tele-Communications. Fujimoto, Kyoto // J@pan Inc.;Dec99, Issue 2, p56
Provides information and statistics on mobile phones and telecommunication in Japan as of December 1999. Increase in mobile phone use in Japan; Number of cellular phone and personal handy-phone system subscribers; Growth rates of cellular phones; Domestic telecommunications market.
- SlingPlayer Mobile is almost how mobile TV should be. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p18
The article evaluates the SlingPlayer Mobile mobile television platform running on Nokia N95 and Samsung Blackjack II.
- Peep Show. Sweeney, Dan // America's Network;03/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p59
Reports on the possible video component in the third-generation of cellular telephone systems. Factors that hinder the delivery of real-time video content; Companies that claimed the ability to provide video services over second-generation networks; How packet video can be accomplished within...