Decoding Mobile Device Security
- Peep Show. Sweeney, Dan // America's Network;03/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p59
Reports on the possible video component in the third-generation of cellular telephone systems. Factors that hinder the delivery of real-time video content; Companies that claimed the ability to provide video services over second-generation networks; How packet video can be accomplished within...
- Execs, sales reps may lead way on Web-browsing cell phones. Kosseff, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;02/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the plans of cellular telephone companies in the United States to include Web browsing features in their telephone units. Use of the Wireless Application technology; Target market; Advantages in terms of portability over laptop computers.
- Singapore's labor market attracts prepaid users. Pereira, Joseph C. // Global Wireless;May/Jun2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the increase of prepaid card subscriptions for cellular telephone systems in Singapore as of June 2001. Reasons for the use of prepaid cards; Number of prepaid card subscribers; Information on the prepaid services of telephone companies.
- Who will answer call? // Plastics News;3/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p6
Comments on the impact of the sale of cheap cellular telephones on the custom injection molding and processing industries.
- Ring Tones: Just A Start. Rothschild, Dave // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p37
Comments on the popularity of downloaded cellular telephone ring tones, as of November 2001. Drawbacks to the trend; Implications of the service to mobile communications system; Recommendations for the wireless industry.
- The health hazards of mobile phones. Maier, Michael; Blakemore, Colin; Koivisto, Mika // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/13/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7245, p1288
Editorial. Discusses the health hazards of mobile telephones. Risk of using mobile phones while driving; Association of cancer and other health symptoms with mobile phone use; Relation between mobile phone use and mortality; Benefits of a mobile phone.
- Rural carriers excited about 3G. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p3
Explains that rural carriers are excited about the third generation mobile communication system. Focus of the Rural Cellular Association conference in Las Vegas, Nevada on the emerging third generation wireless communication system; Why rural carriers are excited.
- Looking for a quiet locale? Several parts of the country sing the no-cell-service blues. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;12/25/2000-01/01/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52/01, p35
Looks at the places in the United States that have no cellular service. Reason for the absence of service in New Hampshire and northeastern Vermont; Cellular phones that are not usable in the Wall Street area.
- Testing, Testing. Scuka, Daniel // J@pan Inc.;Dec2000, Issue 14, p8
Reports on the testing of third generation (3G) mobile voice and data network cellular services in Japan. Areas where the cellular services are being tested; Details on the service offering in the country; Points being tested.