Making the Cut
- Lockedâ€¦But Is It Secure? Ahrens, Sean A. // Government Security;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses potential threats to building security caused by the practice of "lock bumping." Lock bumping allows anyone to access keyed locks with a minimum of skill and costs. A discussion of how lock bumping is done, as well as suggestions for maintaining a building's security system...
- 9 TRENDS IN PRODUCT DISTRIBUTION. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p85
The article focuses on trends in the distribution of access control products in the U.S. More security system dealers are now handling access control. There is a rise of a recurring revenue model for access control. There is also a need for greater product training. Greater dealer loyalty is...
- STEP 5 - IMPLEMENTATION. // Integrated Physical Security Handbook (Government Training Inc.);2006, p189
Your facility's integrated physical security plan has been accepted by senior management, the funding for it has been approved and now you must implement your strategic plan. Remember that there are three key components to implementation - physical security measures, operations and policies -...
- Products. // Government Security;May2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p62
Features various security systems. Safe path lighting; MicroSearch's Human Presence Detection System; Wireless drive-alert systems; Access control system; Traffic communication center system; Wireless video surveillance; Common access card program; Multi-technology reader.
- MANTRAPS: A Unique Solution. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p20
Features mantraps, a component of access control applications for security systems. Background on the tool that has a design more typical of bank backrooms and military operations in the past; Ability of mantraps to limit access to secure areas within a facility while providing an effective...
- Piezo Effect; Access Impact. Powell, Simon // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p24
Suggests that the increased availability of advanced encoding, encryption and identity systems can provide an unprecedented level of access control, audit capability and security within premises. Implementation of the technologies on networks that simplifies integration into local or remote...
- System Solutions For Design Process. Wicks, Sean // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2004, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p30
Comments on the system solutions for design process in the U.S. Importance of understanding the specific application requirements of an access control system's electronics; Security systems offered by access control system manufacturers; Flexibility of server-based systems.
- Automatic Systems Group. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p91
The article discusses the business operations of entrance control company Automatic Systems Group. The company has become synonymous with high quality pedestrian entrance and vehicle access control equipment and is also popular in setting standards in these critical markets.
- BELÃ‰PTETO RENDSZER KONTRA Ã‰LETVÃ‰DELEM. Ákos, Bunyitai; Róbert, Kertész // HadmÃ©rnÃ¶k;jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p16
This sort article is demonstrating safety requirements for security systems -- within access control systems -- planning and formation. Investigate safety applications in special areas with examples and system documentation. We wish to underline the human life's (like value) protection in security.