Prox & Biometrics No Longer Oil and Water
- Acces control system using face image. Bobulski, Janusz // Control & Cybernetics;2012, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p691
Ensuring safety requires the use of access control systems. Traditional systems typically use proximity cards. Modern systems use biometrics to identify the user. Using biological characteristics for identification ensures a high degree of safety. In addition, biological characteristics cannot...
- Security market update: Installations in need of wisdom. Ziobron, Betsy // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Dec2003, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the need to identify the current drivers in the security market in the U.S. Effect of terrorist threats, war and government reform on the increased demand for security solutions in physical and information technology; Role of Internet in the rise of video surveillance market; Use of...
- A HUMAN IRIS RECOGNITION TECHNIQUES TO ENHANCE E-SECURITY ENVIRONMENT USING WAVELET TRASFORM. Ali, Jafar M. H.; Hassanien, Aboul Ella // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Nov2003, p572
In this paper, efficient biometric security techniques for iris recognition system with high performance and high confidence are described. The system is based on an empirical analysis of the iris image and it is split in several steps using local image properties. The system steps are capturing...
- BIOMETRIC READER MAKES ACCESS QUICK & TOUCHLESS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2014, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p136
The article offers brief information on the Morpho Finger on the Fly biometric reader from Morpho SA.
- Telenor equips all its Sahulat Ghars with BVS. // Flare (Pakistan);Aug2014, p66
The article reports that Telenor Pakistan has successfully installed Biometric Verification System (BVS) for verification of security information management system (SIMs) at all of its Sahulat Ghar retail outlets across Pakistan.
- Biometrics Provider Chosen for Access Installations. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the inclusion of biometric readers from Bioscrypt Inc. in the access control system offerings of Keri Systems in the U.S. Compatibility of the biometric readers with Keri's PXL-250W controllers; Increase in the demand for biometric products from Keri.
- The Future of Biometrics is NOW. Scally, Tim // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2015, p109
The article discusses various biometrics solutions which will be featured at the International Security Conference & Expo (ISC) West in Las Vegas, Nevada. These include the Zwipe Access biometric cards which use proximity and smart card readers, the IMID Mobile app with facial and behavioral...
- Analog sensing. // Machine Design;6/8/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p59
The article deals with the advantages of inductive linear analog sensors over standard inductive proximity sensors. The limitation of standard inductive proximity sensors is cited. The features of inductive linear analog sensors are described. The article also covers the typical applications of...
- One-track mind. Nguyen, Anh // Engineer (00137758);11/12/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7736, p11
The article provides information on the closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera system developed by BAE Systems PLC. The technology can automatically track individuals even if they change their appearance or try to hide in a crowd. It is a result of a research carried out by the firm as part of...