The Bs: Barriers, Booths, Badges
- Multi-building access needs met in different ways. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p47
Introduces several multi-building access systems. Software of IEI for retail and fast-food outlets; Hirsch Electronics' door controller with auto-dial firmware; Synergistics' dial-up solutions; Checkpoint Systems' corporate network solutions.
- More than a simple system. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p64
Discusses the benefits of electronic access control systems for facilities. Integration features; Ability of system to track time/attendance; Special security functions. INSET: Multiple-purpose electronic key cards..
- ACCESS CONTROL. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Provides information on the use of electronic access controls (EAC) by corporate, institutional, and government organizations. Increase in the types of EAC technologies; Cards and badges; Photo identification; Security executives' rankings of the most effective EAC.
- Swipe card system improves monitoring of offshore crew movements. // Offshore;Oct2004, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p108
Features Entry Systems' swipe card-based systems for monitoring personnel movements offshore. CrewSafe, a access control system that provides on-board management with full and updated reports of who is on board and who has accessed which areas; Capability of the system to be programmed to give...
- SUCCESS STORIES IN ALARM INTEGRATION. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p44
Describes how alarm integration improves the effectiveness of access control and video surveillance at three separate facilities in the U.S. Features of the integrated security system installed at beverage manufacturer Bacardi Bottling Corp.; Advantages of the integrated system at Northeaster...
- EasyLobby, Inc. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2008, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p80
The article provides information on the products and services offered by EasyLobby Inc. in the U.S. The firm, which was regarded as the world's top provider of secure visitor management solutions, offers series of products that provide complete secure visitor registration, management and badge...
- PRODUCT PREVIEWS. // InfoWorld;7/4/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p8
Evaluates several security management products. X1 Enterprise Edition from X1 Technologies; Telephone Password Reset Suite from Avatier; Geographic Intelligence System from MetaCarta; ContactNet 4.0 from Contact Networks.
- Consistency Adds to Access Effectiveness. Dingle, Jeffrey // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p52
The article reports on the implications of an access control system. Access control varies from specifically controlling access to assuring that people entering a facility do not have weapons or explosives. The U.S. government has developed an access control system that requires positive...
- Security firms keeping up with latest systems. Iarocci, Mary Sue // Westchester County Business Journal;1/21/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the security systems maintained by various companies in the U.S. Anthony Gramazio of Electronic Eyes stated that their corporate office security involves access control, biometrics, infrared systems, and tracking devices. Meanwhile, tenants at Merritt 7 corporate park have...