Winners and Losers In Bankruptcy Bill
- Babcock & Brown in administration. // Modern Railways;Apr2009, Vol. 66 Issue 727, p10
This article reveals that Australian investment bank Babcock & Brown Ltd. has entered into voluntary administration on March 13, 2009. The bank played an important role in the 2008 acquisition and reorganization of Angel Trains. Babcock & Brown European Infrastructure Fund holds the equity in Angel.
- The challenge. Anand, Sameera; Wozniak, Lara // FinanceAsia;Dec2009/Jan2010, p29
The article discusses the momentum gained by the investment banking industry in Asia. It mentions that Asian bankers claimed that they opened new markets in 2009 wherein the first three months of the year were characterized by recapitalisations. Bankers from the U.S. mention that Asian central...
- F.Y.I. // Travel Agent;10/20/2003, Vol. 314 Issue 6, p10
Reports on developments in the global travel industry as of October 20, 2003. Plan of Travel Corp. to look for other acquisition opportunity such as British Virgin Island-based company Far & Wide Travel Corp.; Application for bankruptcy by New York-based company French Experience;...
- Non-Refi Junk Bonds Returned in Q1. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/5/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p10
This article reports on the re-emergence of non-refinancing deals in the high yield bond market during the first quarter of 2010. The period saw several merger and acquisition (M&A) deals, leveraged buyouts, bankruptcy exits and dividend deals. According to Kenneth Monaghan of Rogge Global...
- M&A Stays Healthy, but Pace Should Ease. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;11/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 40, p9
The article presents an update on merger & acquisition (M&A) activity in the chemical industry during the first nine months of 2005. The year 2005 has been dominated by basic chemical deals, according to Peter Young of investment banking firm Young & Partners. Such deals, mostly concentrated in...
- Polypore Sends Off $400 Million Offering. J.B. // High Yield Report;5/10/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p1
Reports that Charlotte, North Carolina-based filters for electronics manufacturer Polypore Inc. has completed its senior subordinated notes sale as part of its leveraged buyout by Warburg Pincus. Decision of Warburg Pincus to acquire Polypore from shareholders led by InterTech Group and GTCR...
- LBOs To Drive HY New Issuance In 2004. J.B. // High Yield Report;4/12/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p1
Points out that leveraged buyouts (LBOs) are coming on strong in 2004 as a rebounding U.S. economy triggers an increasing amount of corporate takovers. Refinancings to continue dominating the high yield market; View by analysts that LBOs and the high yield bonds they generate could be among the...
- High Yield for M&A And German Mittlestand. // High Yield Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p2
Examines the merger and acquisition activities in the high yield market.
- Derivatives: Big Banks Buy Up Derivatives Shops. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 29, p8
Reports that big European-owned investment banks appear to be on buying spree of small United States-based derivative companies. Possible reasons for the increased buying spree; Increased interest in hedge funds; Advantages of buying the derivative companies.