Haz Truckers to Face Background Checks
- The FBI Creates a Terrorist Plot, Then "Thwarts" It. KATTENBURG, KATHY // Moderate Voice;11/28/2010, p10
A blog related to the claims of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to have foiled a terrorist plot is discussed.
- Unreal Reaction To Terror Plot. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;11/28/2010, p11
A blog related to the public reaction on the terrorist plot thwarted by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is discussed.
- Preparing for a new war order. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;09/30/96, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p33
Reports on the explanation made by a senior US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) official on the transfer of 500 agents to the FBI's counterterrorism unit. Efforts to bulk up the force in the event of simultaneous terrorist attacks.
- The Triple Life of a Qaeda Man. Eisenberg, Daniel; Shannon, Elaine; Weisskopf, Michael; Joseph, Jenifer // Time;6/30/2003, Vol. 161 Issue 26, p28
Attorney General John Ashcroft and other officials in the Department of Justice were clearly pleased as they announced the big news. Iyman Faris, 34, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Kashmir, had pleaded guilty at the beginning of May 2003 to providing material support to al-Qaeda. Not only had...
- REPORT TO THE EDITORS. Radin, Edward D. // Saturday Evening Post;7/28/1945, Vol. 218 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the crime rate in Teaneck, New Jersey. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents have probed and questioned in the city and made a report. For years, the city has been at the bottom of the annual crime parade of statistics compiled by the FBI, and because the town...
- Fighting Terrorism in the 21st Century. LEWIS Jr., JOHN F. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Mar1999, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the efforts of law enforcement agencies to fight terrorism within the United States (US). Sources of terrorist threats; Counterterrorism mission of the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Role of the Joint Terrorism Task Forces in the US.
- ON HEIGHTENED ALERT. Voyles, Bennett // National Real Estate Investor;Aug2002, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on how apartment managers in the U.S. tighten security procedures following a terrorist warning from the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation. Reaction of apartment residents to the security measures; Guidelines on how apartment owners should address the threat of terrorism; Remarks...
- Wide FBI dragnet turns up leads, but also criticism. Chinni, Dante // Christian Science Monitor;10/15/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 224, p2
Looks at the investigation by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) on terrorism following terrorist attacks on the U.S.
- Information Technology: FBI Needs an Enterprise Architecture to Guide Its Modernization Activities: GAO-03-959. Hite, Randolph C. // GAO Reports;9/25/2003, p1
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is in the process of modernizing its information technology (IT) systems. Replacing much of its 1980s-based technology with modern system applications and a robust technical infrastructure, this modernization is intended to enable the FBI to take an...