- Nominations Sought for First Line of Defense Award. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on the search for participants to the 2007 National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association/"SDM" Magazine First Line of Defense award in the U.S. Nominations are sought between October 1 and November 10, 2006. Aside from a free trip to Las Vegas, Nevada, the winner receives a...
- Improper circuit supervision is cause of failed fire inspection. Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar1999, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p21
Responds to questions regarding security systems installation. Improper circuit supervision in fire-alarm wiring; Polymer Positive Temperature Coefficient model; Use of a guide to assure integrity of pulled cables.
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p103
A quiz concerning fire alarm security systems is presented.
- MONITORED FIRE AND INTRUSION: STATE of the MARKET. Gager, Russ; Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p72
The article reports on the expected growth for the monitoring of fire and intrusion alarms in the security industry in the U.S. According to Richard Roberts, senior product manager for the security business unit of System Sensor, the residential and commercial fire alarm markets are poised for...
- BTC's electronic security system and tags protect newborns at hospitals. Durand, Augusto // Caribbean Business;7/20/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p38
The article introduces the Hugs tag system from Business Tele-Communications Inc. (BTC) as well as presents a corporate profile of BTC in Puerto Rico. The small tag, which contains a radio transmitter is worn around the ankle of infants to secure them from being removed in the hospital without...
- FIRE ALARMS: Activity Agenda. Thatcher, Timothy R. // Engineered Systems;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the importance of fire alarm testing and code official to performs prior to granting a building occupancy permit in the U.S. Capability to give detail about the system function including any smoke control strategies;Move of code officials and commissioning consultants in review of...
- BE A CAREFUL GUARDIAN. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the impact of the September 11 terrorists attack on fire alarm industry in the U.S. Need of fire alarm for security and fire prevention; Demand for life-safety equipments; Emphasis of security system.
- SECURING AMERICAN: LESSONS LEARNED. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on the involvement of the electronic security industry in renewing the commitment of securing the U.S. Development of fire alarm technology; Installation of service efficiency; Availability of fire alarm panels with onboard digital communications. INSET: Emergency Voice Communication...
- Voice evacuation. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p50
Stresses the benefits of voice evacuation or fire alarm communications systems to the fire alarm panel. Precedence for installing voice evacuation systems; Change in 101 Life Safety code; Placement of voice packages; Advent of smaller panels to meet small assembly needs.