A Fresh Challenge
- RAF Typhoons at Red Flag. // Aviation News;Mar2015, p20
The article announces the deployment of eight Royal Air Force (RAF) Typhoon FGR4s multirole fighter planes from RAF Lossiemouth in Moray, Scotland to Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada in January 2015 for the Exercise Red Flag 15-1 on January 26 to February 13, 2015.
- EDA's Hot Blade Exercise Aims to Close Multinational Training Gap. // Rotor & Wing;Sep2014, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p1
The article offers information on the European Defence Agency's (EDA's) Hot Blade Helicopter Exercise (HBHE) Program, which involved the insertion of ground troops through air assault, special operations and as guard forces for casualty or personnel evacuations. It presents views of Andrew Gray,...
- Growler Squadron VAQ-138 Completes Six-Month Deployment. Fabey, Michael // Aerospace Daily & Defense Report;2/25/2015, Vol. 251 Issue 35, p4
The article reports on the expeditionary EA-18G Growler squadron VAQ-138 has returned to Naval Air Station Whidbey Island in Washington, following a six-month deployment to the U.S. Pacific Fleet area of responsibility. It notes that the squadron was primarily operating out of Misawa Air Base in...
- 'Exoatmospheric Warriors'. LUNDQUIST, EDWARD // Sea Power;Feb/Mar2016, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the Aegis Ashore Missile Defense System (AAMDS) on the U.S. Naval Support Facility in Deveselu, Romania. Topics covered include the goal of AAMDS to counter threats originating from outside Europe, its incorporation of the U.S. Navy's SPY-1 radar, multimission signal...
- APRIL 28, 1929. Stone, Ron // Book of Texas Days;1984, p71
The article recounts the first mass paratroop drop, staged over Brooks Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas on April 28, 1929. Small planes took off from the strip at the air base, and as the squadron of aircraft flew overhead, the sky was suddenly dotted with men and equipment falling, then...
- ANA bimonthly photo competition. // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p450
Reports on a photography competition launched by the Association of Naval Aviation. Awards; Deadline and submission details.
- ANA bimonthly photo competition. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p40
Informs on the Association of Naval Aviation's bimonthly photo competition. Cash awards; Contact information.
- ANA bimonthly photo competition. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p38
Presents the winning shots in the Association of Naval Aviation's bimonthly photograph competition. Includes photographs taken by Keith Chapman and Steve Thurow.
- ANA bimonthly photo competition. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p51
Presents the winners of the bimonthly photography contest of the Association of Naval Aviation in April 1996.