It's a Small World
- FIREFIGHTER UNIVERSITY. Harding, Steve // Soldiers;May2002, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the Louis F. Garland Fire Academy at Goodfellow Air Force Base in Texas. Military personnel who receive training at the academy; Description of instruction blocks of the basic firefighter course offered in the academy; Highlights of the training.
- Soldiers learn to be their best. Sukenick, Ron // Army Reserve Magazine;Summer97, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p23
Discusses how Primary Leadership Development Course (PLDC) can be beneficial to soldiers. Reference to the PLDC head at NCO Reserve Academy at Fort Lewis, Washington; What can be learned during the PLDC.
- Promotion Points for Online Courses. // Soldiers;Mar2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the announcement of the U.S. Total Army Personnel Command that soldiers can receive promotion points for credits they have earned from computer-based learning courses. Availability of business computer courses for soldiers in active-duty and reserve-component through the internet;...
- Do we forget much? Young, Dorothy // Army Reserve Magazine;Fall/Winter94, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p12
Presents information on the study conducted by United States Army Research Institute on Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) soldiers, to determine how the absence of active duty can affect the abilities to relearn basic skills. Plans which are being initiated for the IRR soldiers; Results of the...
- Home school for packaging. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May98, Issue 546, p59
States that the Army Institute for Professional Development is offering a packaging correspondence courses. Location of the institute; Contact number for more information.
- Learning to Serve. // Education Week;9/1/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p5
A photograph of soldiers enrolled in the Army Preparatory School at Fort Jackson, South Carolina in 2008 is presented.
- Educating the professional intelligence soldier. Hudson, Michael W. // Military Intelligence;Oct-Dec92, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p46
Proposes a process to develop super military intelligence (MI) soldiers in the United States. Need for MI soldiers to have thorough knowledge of all other intelligence disciplines; Focus on four critical areas.
- Vantage point. Johnson, James A. // Military Intelligence;Apr-Jun93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
Discusses the United States Army's efforts to ensure that soldiers who are sent to school to meet all the requirements. Aim to better serve the American soldiers and their families; Problem facing non-commissioned officers' (NCOs) promotion; Link between NCO Education system and promotion;...
- CJUCE Online: Fulfilling One of its Major Purposes. Archer, Walter // Canadian Journal of University Continuing Education;Spring2011, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses continuing education and social inequality as well as distance education among Canadian Forces officers on social science.
- Duty in D.C! Burns, Shannon // All Hands;Aug2011, Issue 1133, p12
The article offers information on the benefits can be obtained by service members who were deployed in Washington D.C. including the opportunities for continuing education and the leisure activities and venues.