Peace of Mind
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p10
Reports that San Antonio, Texas-based Wilford Hall Medical Center has purchased three Sterrad systems for use in its central service department.
- Conjoined twins winning life's toughest challenge--survival. Owen, Bob // Airman;Oct2003, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the survival of the conjoined twins born at Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Surgery of the exposed intestines of the girls' umbilical cord; Severe abnormalities in the pumping muscle; Percentage of conjoined twins who are stillborn.
- Not Just Eye Wash. Cournoyer, Tammy L. // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p42
Details the 1999 medical mission in Costa Rica of the United States Air Force Ophthalmic Surgical Team from Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Members of the team; Benefits of the mission to the Wilford Hall team; Social impact of the medical mission.
- BRENT KANE, M.D. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/22/2009, Issue 324026, p12
An interview with Brent Kane, the medical director of the California Cancer Center and Majoriee Radin Breast Care Center, is presented. Kane says that he has served as the chief of radiation oncology at Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center in Texas. According to him, the California Cancer Center was...
- Words from the war zone. Pope, Christina // MGMA Connexion;May/Jun2006, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p65
The article focuses on the Iraq medical volunteer assignment of Air Force Col. Donald E. Taylor, commander of the Air Force Theater Hospital at Balaid Air Base, Iraq. As head of the Iraq medical outpost, Col. Taylor is keen in providing world-class healthcare to U.S. soldiers serving in the Iraq...
- Removing BAC may not reduce irritation. Guttman, Cheryl // Optometry Times;Jan2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p21
The article focuses on the failure of removal of benzalkonium chloride (BAC) from prostaglandin analogue to reduce dryness and irritation in patients using Xalatan latanoprost 0.005% from Pfizer, based on a randomized clinical study at Lackland Air Force Base (AFB) in San Antonio, Texas. The...
- Affairs of the Heart. Elliott, Steve // Airman;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p46
Focuses on the Wilford Hall Medical Center's cardiac rehabilitation program. Impact of the program on other United States Department of Defense cardiac rehabilitation programs; Comments by Captain Sandra A. Jarvis, the cardiac rehabilitation clinic coordinator; Features of the program; Benefits...
- A Hospital Wing and a Prayer. Wright, Ken // Airman;Spring2006, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on the quality of medical care offered at the Wilford Hall Medical Center's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in San Antonio, Texas. Neonatology fellow Steve Messier never fails to provide proper care for premature babies in the facility. In addition, NICU has remarkable...
- Class review of statins results in formulary changes. // Formulary;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p697
Reports on formulary changes for several cholesterol-lowering agents used at the Wilford Hall Medical Center in Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas following a class review of the substances. Formulary decisions for simvastatin, pravastatin and atorvastatin; Conversion algorithm based...