Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- PO-RR-046-M. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS16
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `Influence of Wrist Dimensions on Sensory Nerve Conduction Studies,' by J.J. Dagostino, C.A. Lavayen et al, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Climber's clutch. Knapp, Chantal // Women's Sports & Fitness;Apr94, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p28
Reports on athletes' risk of developing carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Symptoms of CTS; Relieving symptoms; Prevention of the disease.
- Preventing--and--relieving--carpal-tunnel syndrome. // Consumer Reports on Health;Feb98, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p8
Presents the findings of a survey aimed at preventing and relieving carpal tunnel syndrome. Details on 13 special exercises developed by surgeons at the Hand Institute of the Orthopaedic and Reconstructive Center; Examination of preventative tips; Contact information.
- Preventing CTS through exercise. // Occupational Hazards;May96, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p14
Reports that a team of orthopaedic surgeons introduced a wrist exercises technique at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons in Atlanta, which they claim can prevent the development of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Description of the exercise process; Health tips for...
- Prevention combats carpal tunnel syndrome. // Secretary;Oct93, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p6
Suggests precautions to take to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome (CPS). Most common injury primarily striking computer users; Cause; Use of wrist supports; Taking breaks; Regular flexing of hands and wrists; Carpal Care exercise program; Desk Kicks exercise and relaxation program on audiotape;...
- Protection from RSI. // Secretary;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p30
Presents equipments and publications to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal Care by SPRI Performance Systems Inc.; MouseMitt Computer Gloves and Keyboarders by MouseMitt International; Worksmart by Ergodyne.
- Preventing carpal tunnel syndrome. // USA Today Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 125 Issue 2617, p12
Focuses on preventive measures for carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Suggested exercises that decrease the median nerve pressure responsible for CTS; Recommended restrictions for the newly diagnose CTS patients who are undergoing conservative, non-surgical treatment.
- Light at the end of the carpal tunnel. // Men's Health;Dec95, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p102
Looks at a way to stop carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Description of CTS; Information on how to stop CTS; Cost of treatment.
- Wrist stop. Olsen, Eric // Men's Health;Oct90, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p31
Discusses the carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), a compression of the wrist's media nerve which gives movement and sensation to the thumb and first three fingers. Symptoms of CTS; Ways on how to prevent CTS. INSET: Don't throw your wrist a curveball, by Sid Kirchheimer..