- Air Force Ends Stop-Loss. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p24
Reports that the U.S Air Force Reserve Command joined the rest of the Air Force on September 1, 2002, by beginning to release people in the last Air Force specialty codes affected by stop-loss. Transition of people from military to civil life; Period given for phasing of releases; Eligibility...
- Combat Talon I Crew Reaps Award as Reserve's Best. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the 2002 Major General Thomas E. Marchbanks Jr. award that was given to MC-130E Combat Talon I crew, from the 919th Special Operations Wingat Duke Field of Florida at the annual convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from June 20-22. Representation of reservists by the aircrew;...
- Airman Update. // Airman;May99, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p14
Presents news briefs related to airmen in the United States (US) Air Force as of May 1999. Selection rate for promotion to senior master sergeant in the US Air Force; Plans of US Air Force personnel officials to liberalize the high-year-of-tenure extension policy; Update from the US Air Force...
- The Big Score. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Oct99, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p18
Provides several test-taking tactics for the Weighted Airman Promotion System (WAPS) examinations given by the United States Air Force. Information on the Specialty Knowledge Test and the Promotion Fitness Exam; Importance of studying; What to do during the test.
- Frozen in Time. Aviles, Elaine // Airman;Feb2002, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the experiences of the U.S. airmen deployed in Azores Island, Portugal. Culture and life style of the Azoreans; Responsibilities of the U.S. Air Force personnel based in the island; Relationship of the military personnel with the residents.
- TUSKEGEE AIRMEN REMEMBERED. Jefferson, Oshawn // Airman;Oct2000, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p49
Deals with the Tuskegee Airmen of the United States Air Force. Responsibilities of the airmen; Sentiments of the airmen on the military segregation; Information on Tuskegee Convention.
- Mac Town. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p44
Features the McMurdo Station in Antarctica, where some airmen are deployed to provide airlift for scientific research for the U.S. Antarctic Program. Description and background of the place; Statement of Chief Master sergeant Tammy King regarding the place; Population, climate, and recreation in...
- Career job reservation changes announced. // Airman;Nov98, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p16
Reports on changes to the career job reservation program of the United States Air Force, to make the re-enlistment process more responsive to enlisted people and Air Force requirements. Addition of five months for airmen's application for a career job reservation; Extension of the career job...
- U.S. Air Force Leaders: A Biographical Tour. Meilinger, Phillip S. // Journal of Military History;Oct98, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p833
Presents biographies of military airmen who served in the United States Air Force. Details on military officers who served in senior positions of the Air Force; In-depth look at the history of American airpower; Information on William `Billy' Mitchell, Benjamin Foulois, Clarence R. Tinker,...