A Garden Spot
- When airmen get to Los Angeles Air Force Base, they find many opportunities awaiting them, and they're soon living the...California Dream. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
Features the Los Angeles Air Force Base in California. Details on the base; Reasons for some personnel's second thoughts about the city; Comments from Lieutenant General Eugene Tattini, commander of the Space and Missile Systems Center; Information on the housing; What the personnel have to say...
- Give Vance a Chance. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p22
Features the Vance Air Force Base in Enid, Oklahoma. Type of lifestyle at Vance; Contributions of the Air Force base to the economy of Enid; Neatness of Vance; Changes at the base.
- U.S. and German authorities... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/1/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p25
Cites the agreement between United States and German authorities to transfer the Rhein-Main air base at Frankfurt, Germany to civilian use by 2005. Incorporation of the facility into the Frankfurt airport; Cost of the handover.
- Glenview maps out land use after base closing. Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR20
Reports that the military base Glenview Naval Air Station which closed in 1995 will be turned into a residential and recreation center along with an additional school and a metra commuter train station. Space allotted for these projects; Cost of projects; When project will be completed;...
- The unexpected visitor. Selman, Scotty // Flying Safety;Mar1995, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p6
Presents a narrative regarding an unauthorized landing by a civilian aircraft at the Castle Air Force Base in California. Lack of response of civilian pilot to radio signals from airfield; Discovery of illegal drugs from the aircraft; Reasons for civilian pilot's disorientation.
- Wilkes transitions Davis-Monthan. // Inside Tucson Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 15
Highlights the transfer of command at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson, Arizona. Replacement for Colonel Bobby J. Wilkes; Military background of Colonel Paul G. Schafer; Number of military and civilian personnel stationed at the base.
- Bombs away! Sabar, Ariel // Mother Jones;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p19
Reports that a huge expanse of Idaho's Owyhee Canyonlands may become a bombing range. Plan developed and pushed by Governor Cecil Andrus, the US Interior Department's Bureau of Land Management; Use of 20,000 acres of land by the 366th Wing fighter pilots of Idaho's Mountain Home Air Force Base.
- Naval air station surpasses recycling goals. Brewer, Paul F. // BioCycle;Apr96, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p44
Features the Solid Waste Management Program at the Naval Air Station (NAS) in Whidbey Island in Oak Harbor, Washington State. Features of the program; Objectives of the program; Sales revenues generated from recycled products in the station; Savings generated as a result of the program.
- The golden fleece. Porterfield, A.; Hornik, S. // Common Cause Magazine;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
Describes the cost overrun of over $35,000 on a renovation project for `distinguished visitors' quarters at K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base in Michigan, because the senior officials were confused by catalogs from which they were ordering.