Common fabricator issues with resin-coated slabs
- UV-Curable Powder Coatings: Benefits and Performance. Hammerton, David; Buysens, Kris // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug2000, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p58
Introduces ultraviolet-curable powder coatings from UCB Chemicals Corp. in Smyrna, Georgia. Durability of polyester resins used in powder coatings; Evaluation of technological and economical benefits of the products; Comparison between ultraviolet-curable and thermosetting powder coatings.
- RESINS FOR THERMOSETTING POWDER COATINGS. Richart, Douglas // Industrial Paint & Powder;Dec2000, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p28
Enumerates the properties of thermoplastic resins for protective powder coatings. Melt viscosity; Functional groups and controlled reactivity; Resin monomers; Solvent or volatile content.
- Dating multiply overprinted Sn-mineralized granitesâ€”examples from the Erzgebirge, Germany. Rolf Romer; Rainer Thomas; Dieter Rhede // Mineralium Deposita;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p337
Abstract??Granites and primary tin mineralization in the Erzgebirge were dated using (1) conventional U?Pb dating of uraninite inclusions in mica, (2) Rb?Sr dating of inclusions in quartz that represent highly evolved melts, (3) Re?Os dating of magmatic?hydrothermal molybdenite, and (4) chemical...
- On granite. Copp, Iain // Australian Geographic;Oct-Dec2002, Issue 68, p21
Describes the granitic rocks in Western Australia. Formation of the granites; Pressure and temperature under which granite forms; Range of colors of the rock.
- Errata. // Geological Society of America Bulletin;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 125 Issue 7/8, p1376
A correction to the article "Granite: From Genesis to Emplacement," by Michael Brown that was published in a 2013 issue of the journal "Geological Society of America Bulletin" is presented.
- Geochemical Characteristics of the Charnockitic and Associated Granitic Rock, Akure Area, Southwestern Nigeria. Anthony, Ademeso Odunyemi; Kayode, Alabi // Nature & Science;Aug2011, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p194
The geochemical characteristics of the charnockitic and associated granitic rocks of Akure area were studied. Field and petrographic characteristics had earlier been reported. The granitic rock within the hybrid (xenoliths) plotted in QAP diagram as tonalite while those outside plotted as...
- Extras. // North Carolina's Geography & Geology;2008, p121
The article features issues and topics related to North Carolina. The geographic center of the state is in Chatham county North West of Sanford. In 1979, the state's General Assembly appointed granite, an igneous hard rock, as its state rock. Mount Airy is considered as the worlds largest...
- Gum Arabic traders join forces. // Food & Drink Technology;Oct2005, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p15
Reports that Sudan, Chad and Nigeria and the Association of the International Promotion of Gums have agreed to work together to stabilize the gum Arabic (arcacia) supplies and availability worldwide. The group aims to counteract the supply weakness and price increase, which arose from the gum...
- WHO'S COUNTING? // Smithsonian;Jun2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p48
Focuses on the cost per pound for frankincense in Oman. How Oman is the first Arab nation to take part in the annual Smithsonian Folklife Festival; Use of frankincense in perfume.