MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND SHIPS
- AFLOAT PREPOSITIONING SHIP PRGRAM. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p123
Focuses on the mission of the U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Command's Afloat Prepositioning Force program aimed at improving the delivery response time of urgently needed equipment and supplies to military theaters of operation. Division of three operational elements; Completion of the expansion...
- COMBAT LOGISTICS FORCE PROGRAM. // Sea Power;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p40
The article discusses the U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Command (MSC)'s combat logistics force program including Dry Cargo/Ammunition Ships (T-AKE), Fleet Replenishment Oilers (T-AO) and Fast Combat Support Ships (T-AOE) with their displacement. Topics include Lewis and Clark-class ships' role to...
- Sea Service Notes. // Sea Power;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p28
Presents an update concerning the United States (U.S.) Navy as of September 2001. Information on the transfer of the fast combat support ship USS Supply to the U.S. Military Sealift Command; Details on the formation of the Naval Network Operations Command by the U.S. Navy.
- SERVICE SUPPORT PROGRAM. // Sea Power;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p41
The article discusses the U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Command (MSC)'s Service Support Program including Rescue and Salvage Ships (T-ARS), Fleet Ocean Tugs (T- ATF), and Hospital Ships (T-AH) with their displacement and performance. Topics include capability of Grapple and Safeguard T-ARS to...
- New MSC Container Ship Named For Army MOH Recipient. // Sea Power;Aug2001, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p24
Reports that the container ship commissioned by the United States Military Sealift Command has been named for Staff Sergeant Edward A. Carter Jr. at the June 12, 2001 ceremonies. Builder of the ship; Background of Carter; Features of the ship.
- Task Masters. KHALIFA, DAISY R. // Sea Power;Oct2009, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p46
The article reports on the mission of the U.S. Military Sealift Command (MSC) auxiliary force. It has four mission areas comprising the Naval Fleet Auxilliary Force (NFAF), Special Mission, Prepositioning and Sealift. In addtion, MSC takes on anti-piracy, humanitarian roles while staying true to...
- SPECIAL MISSION SHIPS PROGRAM. // Sea Power;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p44
The article discusses the U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Command (MSC)'s Special Mission Ships Program including Missile-Range Instrumentation Ships (T-AGM), Oceanographic Survey Ships (T-AGS), and Ocean Surveillance Ships (T-AGOS) with their displacement and performance. Topics discussed include...
- Last Watson-Class LMSR Christened at NASSCO. // Sea Power;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the christening of the Watson-class strategic sealift ship built for the Military Sealift Command by the National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. Deployment area of the ship; Military and government officials present during the event; Namesake of the ship.
- LMSR Re-Named For WWI Hero. // Sea Power;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p27
Reports on the renaming of a large, medium-speed roll-on/roll-off sealift ship operated by the United States (U.S.) Military Sealift Command, in tribute of U.S. Marine Fred W. Stockman. Design of the ship; Principal speakers at the christening ceremonies of the ship in Jacksonville, Florida;...