- Forums and product presentations at China Maritime. // Professional Fisherman;Jul2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p32
Highlights the China Maritime exhibition, which will be held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Hong Kong, China from February 28 to March 2, 2006. Plan of four maritime forums such as the World Shipbuilding Forum and the Waterfront Development Forum; Occurrence of the Baird...
- DOT initiative promotes use of waterways. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2010, Vol. 167 Issue 5, p24
The article reports on the initiative of the U.S. Department of Transportation in moving more cargo on the water rather than on U.S. highways.
- Court Approves Long Journey For California Nuclear Reactor. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/15/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 24, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Transportation has cleared the way for a nuclear reactor vessel to take an unusually long route to disposal. Its December 1, 2003 authorization allows the vessel to be shipped 13,000 miles by sea from Southern California around the tip of South...
- Stricter Crude Oil Transportation Standards. // World Trade: WT100;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the Emergency Order issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) which require all shippers to test product from the Bakken region to ensure crude oil's proper classification before it is transported by rail.
- Global Maritime Domain Awareness. // Governing;Oct2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, Special section p7
The article focuses on the "Maritime Safety and Security Information System," a project that is based on a simple, existing maritime capability. Using inexpensive, off-the-shelf receivers along with existing software, officials in the U.S. Department of Transportation's Voipe Center were able to...
- Briefs. // Traffic World;9/23/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 38, p41
Introduces the automatic identification system by the U.S. Dept. of Transportation on the Saint Lawrence Seaway in the U.S.
- Agency sets cargo tiedown standards. // Concrete Products;Dec2002, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p8
Reports the implementation of performance standards pertaining to cargo shipments by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Need for interstate commercial motor vehicles to comply the requirements; Evaluation of cargo securement regulations.
- Shippers vs. carriers. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;07/21/97, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on shippers' criticism of a study conducted by the US Department of Transportation limiting a carrier's cargo claims liability. Government proposal that setting per-pound limit would undermine the nation's distribution system; Shipper groups' opposition to proposal; Disparity between...
- Logistics on the water. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Nov2013, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p11
The article announces the selection of Heather Nachtmann, an industrial engineering professor at the University of Arkansas, to lead the Maritime Transportation Research and Education Center created by a 1.4 million dollar grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation in 2013.