MARINE CORPS AIRCRAFT
- USMC enhancing Hornets, Harriers. Rivers, B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec99, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p33
Reports on the upgrading of the F/A-18A Hornet and AV-8B Harrier United States Marine Corps (USMC) aircraft. Description of the ECP-583 engineering-change program; Enhancement of the aircraft's capabilities; Improvement of targeting capabilities; Addition of Litening pods to Harrier aircraft;...
- MARINES AIRCRAFT. // Sea Power;Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p105
Features various aircrafts used by the U.S. Marine Corps. Missions and primary tasks of the AV-8B Harrier II; Description of the F/A-18 Hornet; Operations of the EA-6B Prowler; Speed of the KC-130 Hercules.
- Magnus Says Marines Are Overstretched, Underfunded. Klamper, Amy // Sea Power;Jul2004, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p7
Reports on Marine Lt. Gen. Robert Magnus' argument that the ongoing operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti, Djibouti and other far-flung areas are stressing the U.S Marine Corps. Marines' efforts to find helicopter squadrons to meet their requirements; Plan of the Marines to use AV-8B Harrier...
- Averting the Navy's Tactical Aircraft Crisis. Robinson, Anthony C. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2013, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p54
The article offers information on the aircrafts that the U.S. Navy should buy to meet the shortfall in its strike-warfare capability. Presently, the Navy is buying the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and developing the F-35C Lightning II, however, it does not have enough money to afford both. The Navy...
- Upgraded Displays for Hawkeyes and Hornets. Leland, Wendy // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun2004, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the modificaton of several military airplanes in the U.S. Replacement of the enhanced main display units for operator stations of the Hawkeye airplane; Installation of the Advanced Multipurpose Color Display for the Hornet and Harrier airplanes; Benefits of the modification for...
- VMFA(AW)-242: Bats in Combat. Pasnik, Doug // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun2005, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the combat mission of the Marine All Weather Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA(AW))-242 of the U.S. Marine Corps in Iraq. Historical background of the VMFA(AW)-242; Mission of the air group; Weapons of the VMFA(AW)-242 FA-18 Hornet; Details of information about the Operation Phantom Fury.
- Wild blue. Edwards, David // Cycle World;Aug94, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p50
Describes the author's experience on board the F/A-18 Hornet jet with the United States Navy's Flight Demonstration Squadron, Blue Angels. Rick Young as pilot; McDonnell Douglas as manufacturer of the jet; Acrobatics performed by the jet; Motion sickness; Electronic activation of controls.
- Marine Corps AV-8B... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/16/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p18
Reports that the United States Marine Corps' AV-8B Harrier jet fighters were grounded in August 1999 after discovery of a flaw in some of the aircraft's Rolls-Royce F402-RR-408 engines.
- HARRIER HIGHLIGHTS. // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the successful test of the Litening II targeting pod for the United States Marine Corps' AV-8B Harrier flight trainer. Providing air-to-ground laser target designation capability; Enhanced day and night target acquisition; Improved low-level night flight and air-to-air capabilities;...