Bonding with North Korea
- Going East. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Nov2006, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p4
The article looks at the financial markets in Argentina. It has been announced by the economy ministry that the country is planning to sell bonds in Asia. It adds that Argentina is likely to find investors who are willing to buy Argentine debt because of the region's high saving rates. It was...
- Foreign investors forint bond holdings grow. // Regional Today;6/19/2014, p2
The article reports on the move of foreign investors to increase their Hungarian forint bond holdings with non-residents raising their holdings of domestic government debt to 4.97 trillion HUF or 21.9 billion U.S. dollars on June 12, 2014.
- Treasury Strips Fall $111.995M. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p2
Reports on the decline in the newly issued Treasury securities held in stripped form according to a report of the Bureau of the Public Debt in the U.S. Total securities eligible for stripping; Benefit offered by the Separate Trading of Registered Interest and Principal of Securities program for...
- Closer To The Brink. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;Nov2011, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p1
The article discusses the bearish financial market for Venezuela in 2011 with limited growth recovery due to the ongoing uncertainties over the financial woes in the Eurozone and global markets. It highlights the Venezuelan debt with the worrysome decline in bond price despite the elevated risk...
- Emerging Europe Fixed Income Strategy. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/18/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p14
The article focuses on fixed income strategies for emerging markets in Europe. Investors are bullish over Hungarian long-end debt and anticipates some yield compression on HUF-denominated 10-year government bonds. They are also bullish with regard to Polish PLN-denominated government debt but...
- Time to Rethink Bond Strategy? Levaux, Janet // Research;Oct2012, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p16
The article offers information on the interest rates which aim at reducing government and private debt burdens. It informs that interest rate delivers only two percent returns for Treasuries and three to four percent for corporate. It further informs that investors should also concentrate over...
- Treasury Strips Rise $47M in September. // Bond Buyer;10/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34190, p1
Newly issued Treasury securities held in stripped form increased about $47 million in September to a total of $212.708 billion, the Bureau of the Public Debt reported Monday.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p30
Presents a chart on the invisible supply of bonds in the southeast, compiled as of July 29, 2004. State education capital outlay bonds in Florida; Atlanta, Georgia revenue bonds; State Garvee bonds in Georgia.
- New York's Suffolk County Taking Its Turn at Market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p7
The article reports that Suffolk County will be the latest New York county in the market when it sells $32.8 million in public improvement serial bonds along with $55 million in tax anticipation notes. Moody's Investors Service said in a report late Friday that it was putting Suffolk County's...