Advisor clients more proactive investors
- Performance Has Staying Power. Leonhardt, Megan // REP.;Jun2014, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p18
The article reports that good portfolio management urges clients to focus on financial advisor among the wealthiest investor.
- Advisor, You're No Doctor. Gresham, Steven D. // On Wall Street;Mar2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p111
Discusses the increased involvement of investors in the management of their investment portfolio. Comparison between the financial advice industry and the medical profession; Questions which financial advisors should ask their clients; How advisors can establish connection with affluent clients.
- Fof for the future. Talbot, Paul // Money Marketing;9/12/2002, p47
Focuses on the impact of company's portfolio managed by investment managers on investors. Effect of inflation on returns; Influence of style change on performance volatility of investment; Consideration on funds of funds.
- This Breed of Angels Has a Different Agenda. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 39, p9
Reports on the agenda changes of angel investors from technology to life sciences in 2005. Group of angels includes more 55-year old retirees who made fortunes in the technology or biotech areas; Increasing number investors in angel investing; Figures from the Center for Venture Research which...
- IT FEELS LIKE THE SLEEPING BEAR HAS EMERGED. NOW WHAT? WATSON III, J. GIBSON // On Wall Street;Sep2008, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p93
The article offers tips on how advisors and investors should prepare for a downturn or recovery market. First is to remain confident in a risk-appropriate asset allocation. Next is to remain fully invested and third is to remain focused on long-term goals. It notes that it is not easy to stick...
- Trading terms. Revell, Janice // Fortune International (Europe);11/24/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 11, p92
Provides observations about the terms used frequently in fund management. Consideration of the process of profiting from market timing; Terms of late trading and front-running; How cloning procedures involve the development of special brokerage accounts to conceal the identity of investors.
- WORLD-BEATERS. Hajim, Corey // Fortune;7/24/2006, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p180
The article discusses the trend among American investors to diversify globally by putting money into foreign stocks. The author provides recommendations and advice for people seeking to invest in the global market and lists four funds which are broadly diversified, light on expenses and have...
- Cost vs value. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/18/2014, p3
The article discusses issues related to assessing an investment on the basis of cost. Topics discussed include impact of fee-based advice environment on financial advisers behavior, factors affecting fees associated with actively managed funds and rate of returns in active and passive funds. It...
- Beyond 2010 Looking past the hype. Whitfield, Bruce // Finweek;4/19/2007, p12
The article focuses on six private client fund management companies, including a couple of small boutique money managers which are asked to identify five shares to buy and hold for five years in South Africa. Four out of six private client portfolio managers chose BHP Billiton Ltd. as their...