Busing Her Way to Heresy
- Sharp Cuts. Schwartz, Missy // Entertainment Weekly;1/18/2002, Issue 635, p15
Presents the latest hairstyles of female television personalities as of January 18, 2002, including Sela Ward and Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- Battle of brawn hits Egyptian TV. Warg, Peter // Variety;09/01/97, Vol. 368 Issue 4, p88
Reports that the Egyptian state-owned television broadcasters has called on its women television personalities to lose weight. Directive ordering women television anchors to wear clothes that do not offend the viewers' moral sensitivities.
- And Now, 'Housewives' May Be Product Line. Sarkisian-Miller, Nola // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/9/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 49, p12
Reports on the plan of Walt Disney Co. to launch a product line based on the female cast of the television program "Desperate Housewives." Marketing strategy for the product line; Information on the deals made by the company for its other product lines; Percentage of decline in the revenue of...
- Suze Orman, Your Advice is Bankrupt. Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2009, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p6
The author reflects on the advice of financial expert Suze Orman that people must stay out of restaurants for one month as one of the many ways to survive the economic crisis in the U.S. He argues that such advice would have a great impact on the restaurant owners and the 13 million people who...
- Financial Freedom (Book). Farris, Dale; Burns, Ann // Library Journal;9/1/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 14, p235
Reviews the audio book 'Financial Freedom: Creating True Wealth Now,' by Suze Orman.
- Clayson is `Early' favorite. McClellan // Broadcasting & Cable;09/13/99, Vol. 129 Issue 38, p27
Reports on Jane Clayson's selection as Bryant Gumbel's co-host for CBS Inc.'s morning television program `The Early Show.' CBS affiliates' commitment to airing the show in its entirety; Clayson's career history; Details of CBS was able to persuade Clayson to move to CBS from American...
- FROM BARRIERS TO CHALLENGES: CAREER PERCEPTIONS OF WOMEN TV NEWS ANCHORS. Engstrom, Erika; Ferri, Anthony J. // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Winter98, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p789
Presents information on a study which examined how women television news anchors in the 1990s are faring in terms of the career barriers they have faced in the past. Factors women perceived as obstacles to their career development; Method of the study; Results and discussion.
- MY FAVORITE TV DIVAS. Messer, Lesley // People;6/20/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 24, p55
The article presents comments by television actress Brooke Elliott on television actresses and women talk show hosts she admires including Lucille Ball, Tina Fey and Rosie O'Donnell.
- SHOULD BEC HEWITT RETURN TO TELEVISION? // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);1/28/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p67
The article presents readers' opinion on whether Australian actress Bec Hewitt should return to television acting after giving up her career for marriage. One reader states that returning to work will help strengthen Hewitt's marriage and help her avoid depression. Another supports Hewitt's...