- Declare financial independence. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;7/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 153, p9
Discusses investment in corporate retirement programs like 401(k) plans. Money contributed by United States employees into 401(k) plans; The difficulty in assessing the quality of retirement plans; Issues of quality and cost; Recommendations to employers; Vigilance concerning administrative...
- Know how 401(k)-- or 1165(e)--works. Perez-Ramirez, Lourdes // Caribbean Business;10/15/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p48
Presents information on the use of 401(k) and 1165(e) retirement plans. Indication that the 11659e) comes from the Puerto Rico Income Tax Code's section and the 4019(k) comes from the United States; Purpose of the plans; What is the most attractive characteristic the 1165(e) plan; How the plan...
- The 401(k) advantage. Sullivan, John // Editor & Publisher;06/14/97, Vol. 130 Issue 24, p34
Highlights the advantages of 401(k) plans over other company savings plans. Tax-free alternative to inflation-vulnerable pensions; Investment risks; Penalty on withdrawals before retirement age; Maximum contribution from individuals.
- How's Your 401(K) Today? Quinn, Jane Bryant; Ehrenfeld, Temma // Newsweek;5/22/2000, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p51
Discusses risks and benefits involved in 401k plans that hold company stock. Benefits and disadvantages of having a lot of stock in a 401k due to the volatile stock market; Legal rights that employees have in regards to stocks in their 401ks; Advice to companies to match their employees money...
- Popular, but profitable? Rynecki, David // Fortune;10/28/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p212
Discusses the danger of choosing retirement plan funds based on the fund's past performance. Insufficiency of retirement plan managers; Four funds it is best to avoid: Janus Twenty, Putnam OTC, T.Rowe Price Science & Technology, and Scudder Dreman High Return; Details about those funds.
- Dropping your 401(k) match? Watch employees drop the plan. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;May2009, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the move of several businesses to suspend contributions of the 401(k) retirement accounts among employees in order for an organization to save funds. According to the article, organizations which decided to suspend matching contributions must explain to employees why the...
- Planning With Employer Stock in a Qualified Plan. Wertheim, Bruce E.; Miller, Milton; Bregman, William; Straus, Alan J.; Marcus, David R. // CPA Journal;May99, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p74
Provides information on personal financial planning. Outlook for the employer stock included in the portfolios of qualified 401 (k) plans; Conversion of the individual retirement account (IRA) to a Roth IRA; Financial planning considerations.
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p33
Presents strategies for saving money and investing. Explanation on automatic investment plan; Benefit of participating in the 401(k) plan of the employer; Importance of an Individual Retirement Account.
- Money MANAGEMENT. Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;7/9/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 13, p149
Presents answers to questions on personal finance management. Tax status of exchanged mortgaged properties; Disadvantage of a safe harbor 401(k) option; Penalty for withdrawals from individual retirement accounts. INSET: How togetherness affects car insurance.