Employers in the Dark About Employees
- Murky vision gives no clue to underwater dangers. O'Donovan, Debi // Employee Benefits;Sep2003, p07
Discusses issues pertaining to the crisis in occupational pensions in Great Britain. Pensions deficits; Long-term impact of pensions deficits on employers and employees alike; Schemes employed by employers to solve the pensions problems.
- Out with the old. Fraser, Ian; Webster, Gill // Director;Feb1999, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p26
Deals with Great Britain's Green Paper on pension reform, released in 1998. Overview of the proposals; Criticisms from some employers.
- Grandkids emerge as retirement risk. // Business Insurance;11/23/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p0026
The article discusses a new study by financial services firm LV= on retirement risk of grandchildren in 2015, citing financial help of grandparents to their grandchildren taken from their pension funds, savings and wages for expenses such as housing payments, university fees and pay for cars.
- Adoption of FRS 17. // Accountancy;Feb2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1314, p108
The article reports on full adoption of FRS 17, Retirement Benefits, by the company BOC in its accounts for the year ended September 30, 2002. The note on retirement benefits under accounting policies explains that following full adoption of FRS 17, the regular service cost of providing...
- Boost your clients' employee retirement engagement. Winn, Melissa A. // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;6/4/2014, p1
The article reports on the need for employee benefit advisers to work with employers to offer enough retirement plan education and communication to encourage employees to save more.
- Coalition trims health care cuts for Ohio retirees. // NEA Today;Sep2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the efforts of the Ohio Federation of Teachers (OFT) and the Ohio Education Association (OEA) to improve the retirement benefits of the teachers. Overview of the recommendations of the coalition board created by the OFT and the OEA; Statement from OFT president Tom Mooney; Other...
- CBI opposes pension proposals. Hawkins, Tom // Printing World;11/18/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the proposed pension bill for businesses in Great Britain. Determination of the government to make employer pension provision a key factor in the job recruitment market; Opposition of employer organization CBI to the proposals; Impact of the low level of pension uptake on the government.
- Certificate delays pose problems in taking pensions. Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;6/8/2006, p5
The article reports on the problems in processing protected benefits application forms in Great Britain. The Internal Revenue Service had promised to issue certificates within 15 working days in 90 percent of cases but nearly reject a third of the protection of existing right forms form those...
- Dollar for dollar. Lynott, William // Dermatology Times;Jul2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p106
The article offers information related to practice management. It discusses the difference between after-tax dollars and before-tax dollars, early investment to retirement plans, travel and car expenses. Moreover, it mentions that some types of assets can be classified as tax-inefficient and...
- Five Behaviors That Sabotage Retirement Savings. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2015, p1
Years of education, communication strategies and support haven't done as much to move the needle on retirement plan participant retirement readiness as plan sponsors and advisers hope to see.