10 years ago in the Journal
- Brennan Keeps Egalitarian Traditions at Vanguard. // Money Management Executive;12/17/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p6
The article reports on the effort of Jack Bogle, chief executive officer (CEO) of Vanguard Group Inc., to continue to run its egalitarian approach in the company in the U.S. The approach has been keeping executives with the firm because it makes their jobs more interesting. In this connection,...
- The Uncanny Ability to Recognize the Obvious. Bogle, John C. // Journal of Applied Finance;Fall/Winter2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p114
This article offers the author's reflection on being awarded the 2005 Outstanding Financial Executive Award from Financial Management Associates International in Chicago, Illinois. John C. Bogle was surprised to win the award as he says he never thought of himself as a competent executive...
- Bogle: Going but not forgotten. Zweig, Jason // Money;Oct99, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p56
Discusses the forced retirement of John Bogle, founder and chief executive of the Vanguard funds. Why he was forced out; The contributions he made to the mutual fund industry; Why investors should not leave Vanguard which is being run by John Brennan.
- The Wall Street Rip Off. // Multinational Monitor;May/Jun2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p15
An interview with John Bogle, the founder and retired chief executive officer (CEO) of the Vanguard Group, is presented. When asked about his complaint with the manner in which the mutual fund industry operates, he cites that he considers the industry to be a marketing business. He discusses the...
- Bogle: Lower Your Expectations, Especially for Bonds. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Nov2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p1
The article presents an interview with Jack Bogle, founder of Vanguard Group of Investment Cos. He discusses the stringent regulations and differences between government bonds and corporate bonds. He also presents forecasts for the stocks market for 2013 which according to him will hover around...
- THE INDEXING WARS. Lim, Paul J. // U.S. News & World Report;5/7/2007, Vol. 142 Issue 16, p54
The article focuses on indexing, an investment strategy in which all the stocks in a market benchmark are bought and held. The first index fund, the Vanguard 500, was created by John Bogle of Vanguard Group, and was criticized by financial experts. Today index funds are successful. The article...
- Vanguard sees clear sailing for no-load funds. Cope, Debra; Talley, Karen // American Banker;6/20/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 117, p1
Part 1. Features John C. Bogle and his business strategy for the Vanguard Group of Investment Cos. as its chairman and chief executive officer. Competition with banks; Management of the firm's no-load funds; Preparation for a future era of consumerism; Market share of no-load funds; Cost...
- Bogle Lynches Lynch, Lambastes Fund Industry. Bresigner, Greg // Financial Planning;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on the criticisms raised by John Bogle, chairman of the Vanguard Group of Cos., against the mutual fund industry of the United States. Views on the industry's claims of tight market competition; Suggestions from Bogle.
- Why the turtle will win the investment race. // Medical Economics;12/23/96, Vol. 73 Issue 24, p48
Presents an interview with John C. Bogle, founder of the Vanguard Group of Investment Cos. Low management fees charged by the company; Use of the Vanguard Index Trust Total Stock Market Portfolio in investing; Advantages of overweight small stocks; Suggestions on investing in foreign stocks.