Reducing Taxes with Dogs, Arsonists and Dentures
- Proposals for tax reform. // Accountancy;Aug1996, Vol. 118 Issue 1236, p70
The article reports on the results of the Japanese Government Taxation Research Committee's deliberations on the treatment of depreciation and provisions for tax purposes. The committee has agreed that the straight-line method of depreciation should be the preferred method. The article also...
- A practical guide to force majeure and frustration of contract. Thompson, Penny // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the incorporation of force majeure clause in a contract and its implications to its continued enforceability. Effects of the clause in the event of inevitable circumstances; Requirements of a force majeure clause; Importance of force majeure clause on a contract of sale.
- Attrition and Force Majeure: Your Questions Answered. Goldberg, James M. // Association Meetings;Feb2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p10
The article presents questions and answers related to association meetings including suggestions on negotiating an addendum or changing a contract that has already been signed, where to get information on event cancellation insurance, and coverage of force majeure.
- Parliamentary Election Postponement Mirrors Amman's Fears of Public Outburst in Support of Intifada. AbuSharar, Samaa // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the postponement of the parliamentary elections in Jordan. Reason for the delay; Possibility of a general election during a force majeure; Impact of the intifada and Israeli aggression toward the Palestinian on the political condition of the country.
- act of God. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p2
A definition of the term "act of God," which is also referred to as force majeure, is an event caused by the forces of nature and is outside the control of a party under contract obligation, is presented.
- force majeure. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p58
A definition of the term "force majeure" is presented.
- Now is the time to find overlooked depreciation. Stevens, Michael G. // Practical Accountant;Aug96, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p33
Discusses issues involved in the tax deduction for depreciation. US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of a ruling that clarifies how to deal with underdepreciation errors; Debate over whether to continue treating changes from a method that underdepreciates property as changes in method...
- DEPRECIATION APPRECIATION. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Jul2006, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p20
The article discusses the concept of depreciation on the truck engines in the U.S. Perry Wiseman of Truckers Accounting Service explains the two basic methods for depreciation that include straight line and accelerated. In straight line method, a three-year deduction is divided over four tax...
- 5 Rules for farm-related tax deductions. Pocock, John // Southwest Farm Press;2/17/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p8
The article offers rules for farm-related tax deductions in the U.S. which include taking 100 percent bonus on assets, taking fully Section 179 tax deductions on assets with the longest class life and taking 50 percent bonus depreciation on all other assets that qualify.