Panhandling Over the Web
- SomeNerve.com. // People;9/30/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 14, p145
Profiles Karyn Bosnak, a New York City television producer. Her use of credit cards and the characterization of her as a shopaholic; How she got the idea to beg for money from her website, savekaryn.com, in order to pay her bills when she lost her job.
- A SCRIBE'S STORY OF OWE. Brodesser, Claude // Daily Variety;7/24/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 14, p4
Focuses on the plan of Sony Pictures-based Escape Artists to produce the life story of Karyn Bosnak who owed a 20,000 dollar credit card debt. Decision of Bosnak to create a website requesting for financial aid; Effectiveness of the website in gathering both sympathy and money to help Bosnak...
- SAVE KARYN: One Shopaholic's Journey to Debt and Back (Book). Gold, Sarah F.; Chenoweth, Emily; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;7/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 27, p65
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Save Karyn: One Shopaholic's Journey to Debt and Back,' by Karyn Bosnak.
- Using Mortgage Credit to Achieve Client Objectives. Storms, Phillip // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p77
Debt is a four-letter word that many financial planners would prefer their clients avoid. In the real world, not only is it impossible, it is undesirable for most of our clients to totally eliminate debt. Mortgage debt can be useful, not only to help our clients acquire shelter, but to...
- Financial planners behind margin loan boom -- survey. Kelly, Ross // Money Management;4/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p1
Cites a study in Australia indicating the impact of gearing and an optimistic view on quality markets and interest rates as causes for the increase in the use of margin loans by financial planners. Percentage of financial planners who are increasing their use of gearing; Increase in client...
- Save Karyn: One Shopaholic's Journey to Debt and Back (Book). Kubisz, Carolyn // Booklist;9/1/2003, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p32
Reviews the book 'Save Karyn: One Shopaholic's Journey to Debt and Back,' by Karyn Bosnak.
- Panhandling.com. Barovick, Harriet // Time;12/9/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 24, p29
Focuses on Karyn Bosnak, an unemployed television executive who got national attention in the United States for Internet panhandling. How she set up a website, savekaryn.com, and enticed people to help pay off her credit card debt of $20,000; Indication that her success inspired others to beg...
- 7 Steps to E-Mail Marketing Success. Iverson, Matt // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2010 Practice Management, p10
The article presents seven steps to electronic mail marketing which could help financial planners attract new clients. One of these seven steps is by having a unique and attractive offer that is aligned to the firm's values. Another step is by providing the clients with an appealing subject...
- By-the-book Dos and Don'ts. // Glamour;Sep2003, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p56
Advises not to get as desperate as Karyn Bosnak, whose web site begged for donations to pay off her debt.