- The Influence of Lifelong Learning on Mood. Simone, Patricia M.; Haas, Amie // LLI Review;Fall2007, Vol. 2, p36
Mood state was assessed both before and after four different two-hour classes in the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Santa Clara University with the self-report Profile of Mood States-Brief Form (POMS-BF) developed by McNair, Lorr, and Droppleman (1992). Sixty-eight students (60% women),...
- Breaking the silence. Barr, Jean // Adults Learning;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p18
Discusses the Workers Educational Association's (WEA) tradition of women's education. Factor that encouraged the association to develop work with disadvantaged groups in deprived areas; Factor that challenged prevailing forms of adult education provision; Original aims of women's education in...
- Welcome to Texas, the Lone Star State. Chamblee, Mark // NMPRO - Nursery Management & Production;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p21
Looks at the condition of the green industry in Texas. Consideration of Texas as the third-largest producer of horticultural products in the U.S.; Emphasis on Texas Nursery and Landscape Association's (TNLA) offering of many certification programs adn continuing education programs; Mission of TNLA;
- Kent gets private lesson in development. // Supply Management;6/5/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p38
Reports on the workshop presented to the Kent branch of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply in London, England. Focus of the workshop on continuous professional development (CPD); Concept of CPD; Activities at the workshop.
- TRANSPORT TO LEARNING. Georgious, Sue // Adults Learning;Oct2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the National Institute of Adult Continuing Education's (NIACE) consultation about how learners get to the place at which they learn or train. Expectation of NIACE on the responses of those involved.
- ON TAP FROM ASAEF. // Supply House Times;Jan2004, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p159
Reports that the American Supply Association, through its foundation, will continue to offer the seminar "Essentials of Profitable PHCP Distribution," in 2004. Seminar outline.
- Reframing social purpose in adult education. Johnston, Rennie // Adults Learning;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p14
Discusses the social purpose ethic of adult education in the context of new social movements in Great Britain. Reason behind the decline in the social purpose of adult education; Implication of the different types of social dilemma for social purpose adult educators; Effort of the National...
- NIACE conference calendar 2006. // Adults Learning;Jun2006, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p2
The article presents a calendar of events of the National Institute of Adult Continuing Education in Great Britain in June-October 2006. The conference Mental Health and Adult Learning and Skills will be held on June 26. The conference New Learning for Older People will be held on July 4-6. The...
- Section officers' workshop aims to improve services for members. // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Oct2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p13
Announces that a workshop for section officers of the Irish Nursing Organization will take place at INO headquarter in Ireland on October 3, 2005. Aim of the workshop; Training to be provided to members.