More 'Tuition Shock'
- College Costs Rise As Economy Slows. // Education Week;11/5/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses a report from the College Board regarding the rising cost of college tuition in the U.S. The article mentions four-year public universities, private colleges, list prices, grants and tax breaks, endowments, and financial aid. The article also mentions the effect of...
- Scotland follows Wales in cutting HE access for poorer English students. // Education (14637073);7/22/2005, Issue 188, p3
Announces the increase in university fees for non-Scots from 2006 according to the Scottish Executive.
- Re-Dedicate New England to Opportunity. Cathcart, Mary R.; D'Allesandro, Lou // Connection (0895-6405);Spring2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p13
Presents the call of the author for colleagues in education, business, government and civic sector in New England to redouble their commitment to accessible and affordable education for the people. Services that must be offered by colleges and universities in the region like expanded...
- The 4-1-1 on 529 college savings plans. // Consumer Reports;Sep2002, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p10
Offers consumer advice on 529 college savings plans. How they work; Benefits of using a 529 plan; Tips for understanding 529 plans.
- College Daze. Smith, Kelly // Money;Nov99, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p195
Offers information on common college funding vehicles. Details on six major pre-college savings options; State college-savings plans; Ho to manage one's own investments; Four options after the children are in school.
- THE PAY-OUT PAYS OFF. Rauf, Don // Careers & Colleges;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the cost of college education in the U.S as of November 2003. Increase of college costs from 2002 to 2003 at four-year public and private colleges; Increase of financial aides for college students; Implications of financial aids on students.
- Costs are not just things for government to help people pay. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/28/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 44, p23
The author expresses his view regarding a front-page headline in the "New York Times" which reads: "Fewer Options Open to Pay for Costs of College." According to the author the article is about increased cost of college and the difficulties parents and students face for having to pay those...
- College Costs Seen Soaring Out of Reach, Poll Finds. M. M. // Education Week;10/24/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the survey which found that nearly 80 percent of the adult Americans said that they believe college costs were arising at a rate that would put them out of reach of the average person in the foreseeable future in the U.S. Moreover, respondents with college degrees were...
- Costs of university experience spiralling out of control. // Education (14637073);1/19/2007, Issue 253, p2
The article reports on the rising cost of college education in Great Britain. The number of students in debt has increased to 75% in 2006, which is 8% larger as compared to the previous year. Tuition fees are expected to rise to as mush as Â£ 30,000 for the next three years. Annual tuition...