Affluent Americans the Worst Budgeters
- Confidence plummets. // Furniture/Today;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p47
Discusses the results of a survey concerning consumer plans to purchase homes in the next six months in the U.S.
- Household food expenditure patterns: a cluster analysis. Fan, Jessie X.; Brown, Barbara B.; Kowaleski-Jones, Lori; Smith, Ken R.; Zick, Cathleen D. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr2007, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p38
The article discusses on the use of data from the Consumer Expenditure Survey by researchers to study household food expenditure patterns in the U.S. A middle-ground approach was initiated, starting from detailed food categories and using cluster analysis to identify major types of household...
- The outdoor market. French, Dana // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p34
The article reports on the results of several consumer surveys which focused on the sales of casual furniture in the U.S. A survey conducted by "Furniture! Today" and Home and Garden Television (HGTV) in September 2009 found that 21% of households will buy furniture and other home furnishings...
- Shopping spree. // Marketing News;11/21/94, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p1
The article offers information on the results of the Nielsen North America National Household Panel's demographic survey, which includes the average number of consumer's shopping trips and the dollar amount spent per retail trip, in the United States.
- WE MAP OUT THE DIFFERENCE. McManus, John P. // American Demographics;Jun2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on statistics on the spending of average and affluent households in the U.S. in 2003. Implication of the data from the Consumer Expenditure Survey.
- Survey: Component; Audio Interest Rising. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/6/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p56
The article presents the results of a survey on the interest of consumers in purchasing home-audio components in the U.S. The survey showed that the interest of consumers rose from 35 percent in 2010 to 39 percent in 2011. Respondents were more keen to purchase speakers in 2012 than any other...
- DEG Numbers Show DVD Hardware Sales Up. Arnold, Thomas K. // Home Media Retailing;7/31/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by the Digital Entertainment Group which is about the purchase of DVD players by U.S. consumers in 2005. Number of U.S. households which have a DVD player; Impact of DVD on consumers; Factors that contributed to DVD growth.
- American spending. Feuerherd, Joe // National Catholic Reporter;8/12/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p3a
Provides statistics on American spending based on a survey by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- SURVEY INDICATES SLIGHT INCREASE IN CONSUMER CONFIDENCE. // CardLine;11/28/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 48, p10
The article focuses on a survey conducted randomly on selected U.S. households which indicates a slightly increasing Consumer Confidence Index for November 2008 compared to the previous month. Only few of the consumers anticipate business conditions to worsen in the next six months. Based on the...