Turmoil leaves buyers wary of handling solid-waste credits
- $1B California Deal Draws Mixed Reactions From Fund Managers. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p1
Reports the reaction of fund managers to the sale of general obligation bonds by the state of California. Attitude of the state treasurer toward the sale; Comment of investment advisers on the bond sale; Projects intended for the bond proceeds.
- California managers' flexibility helps keep them on top. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30658, p6
Reports on the flexibility of California fund managers. Swapping of bonds; Performance of Mello-Roos land-backed financings.
- To bolster money funds credit picks, keep your eye on 'why, how, and what'. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30675, p8
Reports that portfolio managers in the United States need to keep track of every bond purchase to ensure their credit-selection policies are foolproof. Development of good credit policy.
- Fund managers relieved to leave 1994 far behind them. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30328, p6
Focuses on the views of fund managers over the bond market trends experienced by the United States in 1994. Bearishness of market movements according to James Gammon from Lebenthal Asset Management; Low rates of yields in the bonds managed by Insight Investment according to firm official Raye...
- Managers seek better rapport with issuers, dealers. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30575, p29
Reports that investment managers are seeking better rapport with bond issuers and dealers in the United States. Flow of information between lender, borrower and underwriter; Buy-side questions. INSET: Florida Mayor Looks For Dollar Stretchers.
- Yield-seekers dip from hi-grade to lower, nonrated paper. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p6
Reports that some portfolio managers in the United States are turning to some below-investment grade and nonrated sectors to maximize yield on their national and state-specific funds. Yield opportunities in the transportation and health sectors.
- Managers faced with paltry returns for both short- and longer-term note deals. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;3/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30360, p8
Reports on the reaction of fund managers to dismal performance of long- and short-term securities in the United States. Tax concerns; Indifference to the sale of securities; Concern on maintaining liquidity of assets in case of redemptions.
- Turning to Full-Time Fas. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30908, p1
Reports on Colorado bond issuers' hiring permanent, full-time financial advisers. Debate over reliance on negotiated bond sales; Reliance on underwriters in structuring and pricing deals; Changes in underwriting deals.
- Competitive Note Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;10/ 8/2014, p1
A list of competitive note sales scheduled for October 8 to October 16, 2014 is presented including information on the issuer, state, type of note and corresponding financial adviser and source of legal opinion.