House proposal calls for study of price reporting in muni market
- Retail drug prices found higher in U.S. than abroad. Mahaney Jr., Francis X. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;9/21/94, Vol. 86 Issue 18, p1377
Discusses a report from the General Accounting Office on retail drug prices in the United States. Higher prices of US prescription medicine compared with that in Europe and Canada; Health care reform as the major cause of high drug prices in the country.
- Same pill, different price. // Health News & Review;1994, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p23
Reports on a survey by the General Accounting Office (GAO) which shows that prices for frequently dispensed drugs were higher in the United States than in Great Britain in 1992. Price discrepancies in Premarin and Xanax between the two countries.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;7/1/95, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p10
Cites a General Accounting Office report indicating that government estimates of drug price increases were overstated in the Bureau of Statistic's Producer Price Index.
- Discussions About Price Not Always Required. // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p23
Focuses on the role of prices on the source selection decision in the U.S. Consideration on the equal technicality of the proposals; Competitiveness and comparability of the proposed prices; Disagreement of the General Accounting Office.
- Medicare Rx benefit could cost employers. // Employee Benefit News;Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p5
Deals with the assessment made by the United States General Accounting Office regarding the plans to add prescription drug benefit for Medicare. Explanation on the raised drug price it might cause for others.
- GAO: Overbuilds Cut Rates 15%-41%. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p46
Highlights the result of a study conducted by the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) on competitive markets in the wireline telecommunication providers. Rates for bundled services in the competitive markets; Criticism of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association; Markets covered by...
- Evaluating Prices of Bids with Options. // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p17
Focuses on the requirements of General Accounting Office (GAO) on price of bonds with options in the U.S. Evaluation of bid prices by addition of the option total price to price of basic requirement; Concern of GAO on construction contract options; Requirement for price evaluation from the...
- Report on Bank-Tying Practices To Be Released to Public Oct. 20. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p36
Reports on the schedule on the release of a report on bank-tying practices involving municipal bonds by the U.S. General Accounting Office. Announcement of the releasing schedule by Representative John Dingell; Request of the report by the U.S. House Financial Services Committee; Condition to...
- NO PRICE REALISM REQUIRED ON FIXED-PRICE CONTRACT. // Construction Claims Monthly;2011, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p23
The article reports on the decision made by the U.S. Comptroller General in a case involving price realism on fixed-price contract. An overview is given on the bid made by C.L. Price & Associates for the Marine Corps Base construction project of the U.S. Navy in North Carolina. It explains the...