TBMA pushes school construction measure
- TBMA Pushes for Private-Activity Bond Volume Cap Legislation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30951, p5
Reports on the Bond Market Association's promotion of legislation that would boost the private-activity bond volume cap by 50 percent in 2001 in the United States. Action of the U.S. Congress on tax-credit bonds; Other bond-related proposals.
- Fixed-Income Group Opens Membership to Buy Side. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;10/24/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p33
Reports on the decision of the Bond Market Association (BMA) to open its membership to registered investment advisers. Aim of BMA concerning fund management shops; Involvement of asset managers in the BMA; Regulatory issues on the agenda of the BMA.
- TBMA Asks Court to Uphold Tax Backing Bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p1
Reports that the Bond Market Association has warned the Washington State Supreme Court that bond offerings in the state may be hampered by uncertainties in the securities markets and higher industrial costs and if the supreme court will not uphold a lower court ruling on tax backing bonds in the...
- U.S. Bill Could Raise Bond Costs. Barlas, Stephen // Strategic Finance;Jun99, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p23
The article warns of a possible rise in the corporate cost of raising bonds in the event that the United States Congress passes the bond "transparency" bill. The provisions of the Bond Price Competition Act are reviewed. The United States Securities and Exchange Commission's role in implementing...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p34
Presents an overview of various laws and legislation related to bond market in the U.S. Provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Developments related to America's Better Classrooms Act of 2003; Provisions of National Defense Rail Act.
- In West Virginia, Two Bond Bills Move Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p4
Reports on the approval of two bond-related proposals by West Viginia's House Finance Committee on February 26, 2003. Provisions of the proposals; Estimated outlay of the proposals; Last day of the legislature's regular session.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p37
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report. Legislation; Proposed law; Status.
- S.C. Lawmakers Vote to Reject Aid For Restructuring Toll Road Debt. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p3
The article reports on the opposition of legislators in South Carolina to legislation for restructuring over 200 million dollars of tax-exempt bonds for a 16-mile toll road in Greenville.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p24
A chart is presented that lists several legislation related to bond buyer in the U.S. in 2011 including the Bipartisan Tax fairness and Simplification Act of 2011, Simplified, Manageable and Responsible Tax Act and Public Law: Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011.