Fed: Economy still growing; prices flat
- The Economy in Perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2000, p1
Presents an overview of the United States economy as of November 2000. Factors that contributed to the economic growth of the country.
- From the EDITOR. Roepke, Howard G. // Economic Development Review;Summer85, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p5
Comments on issues relating to economic development in the U.S. in 1985. 60th annual conference of the American Economic Development Council in Boston, Massachusetts; Organization involved in economic development; Articles carried by the periodical 'Economic Development Review.'
- THE CONSULTANT'S ROLE IN STRATEGIC PLANNING FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. Darragh, Alex; Kolzow, David // Economic Development Review;Summer85, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p27
Discusses the consultant's role in strategic planning for economic development in the U.S. as of 1985. Confusing national and international economic conditions; Increase in the competition for jobs and investment; Outside consultant as a strong and cost-effective ally for a professional...
- COMMENT: MOVING TOWARDS PROACTIVITY: CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES IN 1984. Barton, Philip; Boyle, M. Ross // Economic Development Review;Summer85, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p74
Traces the reassertion of chamber of commerce leadership in economic development in the U.S. as of 1985. Emphasis of the administration of President Ronald Reagan on deregulation; Proactivity of chambers of commerce; Increase of spending on economic development.
- Statements to the Congress. Greenspan, Alan // Federal Reserve Bulletin;May96, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p404
Reports on issues that are crucial to the United States' economic prospects. What the economic sluggishness of late 1995 was attributed to; Affect of the attempt by the business sector to hold down the inventories; What could hamper spending; Citing of an increase in real outlays for fixed...
- Slowing economy still has plenty of strength. Sohn, Sung Won // Inside Tucson Business;07/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the slowdown of economic growth in the United States as of July 2000. Growth rate on the heels of a low unemployment rate; Factors causing economic recessions during the post-war period; Possible interest rate increases to be implemented by the U.S. Federal Reserve if a sustained...
- Arizona plays growing role with CANAMEX corridor. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;08/14/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on the role of the Arizona state in developing the CANAMEX Corridor Project in the United States. Objectives of the advocacy group CANAMEX Corridor Coalition; Impact of the project on the economic conditions of the Western regions; Accounts of the economic relationship between Mexico...
- RESEARCH FOR DOMESTIC ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. Pascal, Anthony H. // Annals of Regional Science;Dec67, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Growth is Not Enough. LEVY, FRANK // Washington Monthly;Apr99, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p23
Offers an observation on economic growth in the United States. Views of liberals and conservatives on the growth; Statistical data; Employment and productivity as economic growth indicators; Assessment of the economic condition; Recommendations.
- Risks From Solid US Growth. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/6/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p1
The article offers information about the risks surrounding the economic growth of the U.S. through December 2011.