A difference of opinion
- Detroit scores second upgrade to A-minus status. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p3
Reports on the bond rating of Detroit, Michigan from Fitch IBCA Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. Previous bond ratings of the city; Broadening of the base of investor interest.
- The World's Safest Banks. Ogden, Joan // Global Finance;Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p53
Presents a list of banks ranked by the periodical `Global Finance' according to creditworthiness, based on long-term cum dividend and senior debt ratings from Fitch IBCA, Moody's and Standard & Poor's.
- Fitch, S&P put new Hampshire clinic on downgrade watch lists. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/14/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30499, p30
Focuses on the downgrades given by Fitch IBCA Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. for the bonds issued by Hitchcock Clinic in Lebanon, New Hampshire. Rate covenant violation expected from the bonds after February 1999; Deficit expected by the clinic.
- Four post-acute firms put on S&P's CreditWatch. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;11/09/98, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p34
Reports that the credit-ratings agency Standard & Poor's included selected nursing home chains in its CreditWatch, prospective payment system in the United States. Information on the nursing home chains; Details on the payment system.
- Fitch and S&P give lukewarm reviews to societe generale-paribas merger deal. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;2/4/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p11
Focuses on Fitch IBCA and Standard & Poor's Corp. rating agencies' assessment of the planned merger deal of Societe Generale SA-Paribas Capital Markets Group in France. Rating alert with positive implications of Paribas; Belief that the combined entity would do little to enhance the two banks'...
- Moody's, Fitch, and S&P officials debate their underlying rating policies. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p1
Presents the highlights of the panel discussion among the senior officials from Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's and Fitch IBCA Inc. over their competitive differences regarding the growth of bond insurance in the municipal market. Efforts of the credit agencies to protect their...
- Fitch Releases Evaluation of Nursing Home Sector, Has No Plans for Action. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p6
Reports on the rating received by the United States nursing home sector as Fitch IBCA Inc. continues its evaluation of the rating of municipal bond sectors. Absence of plans for upgrades in the nursing home sector; Views on the risks of investing into the nursing home sector.
- High in wealth, low on credit quality. Prior // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the credit ratings received by Nassau County, New York from Moody's Investors Services Inc., Standard and Poor's Corp. and Fitch IBCA Inc. County's unrealistic budgeting; Use of money the county expects from New York State's settlement of lawsuits against the tobacco industry;...
- Long-term care hit with downgrades. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;03/08/99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p12
Reports that Standard & Poor's has lowered its debt ratings for four nursing home companies. Reason for the downgrading; Significance of lowered corporate debt ratings; Response of Sun Healthcare Group to the rating given by the agency to Sun.