GICs give housing agencies armor against downgrades
- `GICs are like bonds are like GICs...like bonds...' Tovar, Carlos // Pensions & Investments;12/8/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p12
Opinion. Questions how to determine the relative attractiveness of bond to guaranteed investment contracts (GIC). Reference to Fred Williams' September 1, 1997 page 38 article (`Bernstein diversification') on Bernstein's all-bond approach to stable value management; Detailed information on GIC...
- Atlanta draws crowd of bidders for sizable water and sewer GICs. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p24
Reports on the decision of Atlanta, Georgia to bring $1.1 billion in water and sewer guaranteed investment contracts to market. Largest tax-exempt offering in 1999; Bidders' response to the revenue bond offering; Effect of the issue.
- GICs vs. Evergreen bonds; just a matter of preference. Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;02/08/99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p26
Discloses the findings of a Pacific Investment Management Co. (PIMCO) study which compared the withdrawal risk and liability of guaranteed investment contracts (GIC) and evergreen bond portfolios. Research conducted by Victoria M. Paradis, PIMCO vice president and stable value product...
- Massachusetts School Building Agency Seeking GIC Brokers for $1.5B Deal. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/15/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32587, p6
The article reports that Massachusetts School Building Authority is looking a guaranteed investment contract broker to advise it on proceeds generated from a $1.5 billion bond sale. The request for qualifications is seeking candidates to list any experience working for a government entity as a...
- Lehman Settlement Averts Virginia Tobacco Bond Reserve Dip. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F342, p25
The article reports that Lehman Brothers Special Financing Inc. has settled Virginia Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp.'s (VTSFC) claims related to the guaranteed investment contracts they had for TS bonds which were issued in 2005 and 2007. Topics covered include the terms of the settlement,...
- Kimberly Green, Indiana Housing Finance Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p42
Focuses on the operation of Indiana Housing Finance Authority. Increase of the availability of housing funds; Management of mortgage revenue bonds; Amount of tax-exempt bonds issued for the year 2000.
- Connecticut HFA Sells $275M for Fund. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33267, p4
The article reports on the plan of the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority to sell 275 million dollars of bonds to establish a revolving fund.
- The Borrowers. Trainor, Charles K. // American School Board Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 198 Issue 3, p42
The article presents an analysis regarding the common practice for school districts which is the municipal bond market borrowing in the U.S. It states that due to the experienced gaps in cash flow, school districts rely on a Tax Anticipation Note to satisfy its short-term needs. It provides an...
- GICs: An old asset class solves new problems. Danco, Walter T.E.; Findlay, Harald B. // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the role of guaranteed investment contracts (GICs) in asset allocation for lifestyle funds. Replacing bonds with GICs in lifestyle funds; Planning for a diversified GIC fund.