GOP plan for 2000 census would cause delays, bureau head says
- Count on Trouble in U.S. Head Count. Goode, Stephen; Root, Barbara // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Assesses the capability of the United States Census Bureau in making the 2000 census accurate. Criticism on the 1990 census; Accuracy problems; Proposed sampling and counting methods for the 2000 census.
- DRESS REHEARSAL FOR THE 1970 CENSUS. // Management Review;Apr68, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p58
Reports on the U.S. Bureau of the Census' preparation for the 1970 census. Theory and practice of census-taking; Problems anticipated by the bureau; Advances in census forms.
- Less bothersome, but not as useful? Stanfield, Rochelle L. // National Journal;4/05/97, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p661
Reports on reactions to plans by the US Census Bureau to scale back the questions it will ask in the year 2000 decennial census. Effect of the reduction on the data of housing specialists; Congressional action on the census; Concern over participation in the survey.
- Rousing the Uncounted. // Christian Science Monitor;11/4/99, Vol. 91 Issue 238, p10
Editorial. Concentrates on the efforts of the United States Census Bureau to produce a more accurate report for the 2000 census.
- Need for information may finish government's decennial census. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p49
Comments on the United States Bureau of the Census' launch of its American Community Survey demographic survey program as of April 9, 2001. Program's aim of enhancing data provided by the Census; Background on the year 2000 Census.
- CENSUS CONSENSUS. // Christian Science Monitor;3/5/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 68, p10
Offers commentary related to the United States Census Bureau's decision not to adjust the 2000 census to include an estimate of the number of people it did not count.
- Marketing to the Masses. Sutten, Kerry // Marketing Research;Summer2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p42
Offers a look at the marketing strategy developed by the United States Census Bureau to inform the public about Census 2000. Audience segmentation; Message development; Use of media to advertise Census 2000; Effectiveness of the strategy.
- Census sampling would favor democrats. Lambro, Donald // Human Events;08/22/97, Vol. 53 Issue 32, p20
Reports on United States Census Bureau's plan to use a new polling method to conduct part of its population count in the year 2000. Plan's potential for political corruption; Proposed reapportionment of congressional district lines to conform to population shifts; Disapproval of some...
- Census 2000. Bourney, James // Public Management (00333611);Nov99, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p25
Provides an update on issues surrounding the 2000 census of the United States Census Bureau. How census is conducted and how local governments participate in the process; Issues on race and ethnicity choices; Updating of the Master Address File; Statistical adjustment to actual accounts; Brief...