House panel to consider $2.2 billion in dredging aid to local port operators
- A second rate way to pay for local democracy? Ilersic, Alfred // Accountancy;Mar1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1111, p12
Comments on the British government's efforts to reform the rating system for local government financing. Failure of the government to restrain the spending of major urban authorities; Proposed imposition of a community charge on all adults living in a local authority; Proposed revision of the...
- Rates Green Paper published. // Accountancy;Mar1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1111, p27
Reports that the British government has issued its proposals for the abolition of rates in the payment of funds for local governments. Phase-out of rates over a ten-year period; Use of a flat rate community charge payable by all adults; Establishment of a taxation register.
- Wales Audit Office. // Public Finance;Jan2012, Issue 1, p24
The article reports on the insight of Wales Audit Office head Huw Vaughan Thomas regarding the need to modify the country's grant systems for public services in 2012.
- Anti-Runaway Fund Likely For New York. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;04/13/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the legislative proposal in the New York State Assembly to create a motion picture investment fund to help the state attract more filming activity. Funding of film projects under the proposed fund; Money earmarked for the fund.
- Legislation would guarantee grants for PA volunteer fire and ambulance companies. // Fire Engineering;May2001, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p40
Highlights a state legislation that would guarantee annual grants for Pennsylvania's volunteer fire and ambulance companies. Author of the bill; Plan for additional legislation.
- Cuts reversed in Canada's new budget. Spurgeon, David // Nature;3/5/1998, Vol. 392 Issue 6671, p7
Announces that the most extensive lobbying ever conducted by Canada's research scientists resulted in a substantial increase in federal funding for the country's three major grants councils in 1998. The rise in budgets of the Medical Research Council, the Natural Sciences and Engineering...
- House votes to ban funds for national testing scheme. // Human Events;09/26/97, Vol. 53 Issue 36, p5
Reports on the US House of Representatives' approval of an amendment that would prevent any federal funding for new national tests. Defiance to Senate acquiescence to President Bill Clinton Administration's voluntary national testing scheme for fourth- and eighth-graders; Aspects of the...
- Federal Court Refuses to Resolve Dispute Over HUD Grant. // Assisted Housing Management Insider;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p8
The article discusses the refusal of the District Court for the Western District of Michigan to resolve the dispute against the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) grant because the case belongs in the federal court and have no substantial federal issue.
- A pragmatic solution to the healthcare crisis. Morton, Jesse R. // Hill;9/30/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 110, p44
In this article, the author discusses the role of government-provided subsidy which provides Americans with monetary funds to pay for their health insurance plans in the U.S.