Senate panel launches HUD probe to pinpoint 'level of risk'
- Section 8 'Mark-to-Market' Program May Be Extended. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p5
Reports on the possible extension of the functions of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Office of Multifamily Housing Assistance Restructuring (OMHAR). Reason why the independent branch of HUD was created; Statute that created the OMHAR.
- Internal problems keep HUD at 'high risk,' report says. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p5
Highlights the persistence of management problems at the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development despite reform efforts. Attempts to retool financial accounting and internal revenue controls; Progress in overhauling its operation to correct the agency's management deficiencies.
- In Response to Criticism, OMHAR Hopes to Shape Up. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p5
Discusses the plans of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's Office of Multifamily Housing Assistance Restructuring to make a conscious effort to be more customer-friendly. Complaints from market participants on the agency's customer relations; Efforts to streamline...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT. // Federal Register;11/14/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 220, p68463
The article offers information on a notice issued by the Office of the Chief Information Officer of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development seeking emergency approval of an information collection.
- Inside HUD's Financial Fiasco. O'Meara, Kelly Patricia // Insight on the News;06/25/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p20
Investigates the financial fiasco in the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Areas of concern listed by HUD inspector general about its financial mismanagement; Database that obtains and stores key financial information of HUD; Justification on the need to trash the...
- HUD Making Progress On Risk. // National Mortgage News;02/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p4
Presents excerpts from the overview section of 'Major Management Challenges and Program Risks: Department of Housing and Urban Development,' a report released in January 2001 by the United States General Accounting Office. Internal control weaknesses; Poorly integrated and unreliable...
- NEWS BRIEFS: AWARDS. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p18
The article announces the recipients of the 2006 Robert L. Woodson, Jr. Award from the Department of Housing and Urban Development in the U.S. They include the City of San Jose in California, Borough of Mount Joy Borough in Pennsylvania, Suffolk County in New York, and Massachusetts Department...
- THE 2006 PUBLIC HOUSING FINANCE UPDATE. Solomon, Rod // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p24
The article discusses the status of public housing financing for fiscal 2006 in the U.S. Base from the data gathered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the annual public housing Capital Fund allocations have depreciated annually. HUD has prioritized the acquisition of...
- HUD Management: Impact Measurement Needed for Technical Assistance: GAO-03-12. // GAO Reports;1025/2002, p1
Technical Assistance is an important means through which the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) can influence how its program funds are spent; this assistance can range from training workshops to one-on-one assistance. GAO was asked to determine how many HUD technical assistance...