Market 'too complacent' about California voter power, report says
- Adelphia, AOL an upside for TW. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/26/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 15, p13
The article reports that the price of Time Warner Inc.'s stock rose on September 25, 2006 following the upgrade of its ratings by analysts at Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. and Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. The stock rose 2.3% to $18.13. Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock from "equal weight" to...
- Bernstein makes bond bet. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;3/31/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p58
Reports that Sanford C. Bernstein and Company has allocated a percentage of equality portfolio to the United States' Treasury bonds. What the allocation to bonds is based on; Bernstein's strategic value portfolios; Comment by company president Roger Hertog.
- Bernstein & Co. moving offices to White Plains. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/13/97, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p1
Reports on Manhattan, New York City-based Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. Inc.'s plans to relocate some of its employees to downtown White Plains in New York in 1998. Renovation of a building in White Plains; Westchester County Industrial Development Agency's enticement of the company to move to...
- Card specialists still rated as `buy,' despite growing risk. Kleege, Stephen // American Banker;3/1/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 41, p20
Presents information on a report done by Sanford C. Berstein & Company which stated that shares in the card specialists maintained a good buy. Information on `outperform' ratings; Comments from analyst Moshe Orenbuch; Benefits of specialists; Statistical information on stocks.
- Bernstein diversification. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;9/1/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p38
States that Sanford C. Bernstein & Company is introducing a stable value investment management service built around wrapped actively managed bond portfolios. Description of the company's investment approach; Benefits of the strategy; Comments from persons associated with the company.
- Sanford C. Bernstein seeks more space in White Plains. Philippidis, Alex; Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/22/97, Vol. 36 Issue 51, p4
Reports that Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., the Manhattan investment portfolio adviser set to move to White Plains in 1998, is in talks to expand its presence in the city even further. Interest in 1 North Broadway building; Real estate properties of Cigna Investments Inc.; Tenants at the Gateway...
- Bernstein taps expert to help it with synthetic GICs. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;12/13/93, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p10
Reports that Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. has hired C. Jason Psome as director of AMBER, a synthetic guaranteed investment contract division.
- Fax machines now speed demons. Jovin, Ellen // Crain's New York Business;10/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p40
Reports that Sanford C. Bernstein and Company replaced fax machines that transmitted 14,4000 bits per second with machines that transmit at 33.6 kilobytes per second. How this upgrade benefits Sanford; Disadvantages of the upgraded machines; Comment from Maury Kauffman, managing partner of...
- Ronald I. Mandle. Tomasula, Dean // American Banker;12/5/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 232, p26
Profiles American Banker's 1994 money-centers top analyst Ronald I. Mandle of Sanford C. Bernstein & Company. Views on a bank's earning power.