Fla. County files new yield-burning lawsuit
- Despite in-state firms' smaller markups, Collier County, Fla., pursues suit. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30608, p5
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Collier County, Florida, against William R. Hough & Co., Raymond James & Associates Inc. and other escrow security providers for alleged yield burning in a 1994 refunding. Profits gained by the providers on the securities sold to the county; Alleged conspiracy...
- Firms call for dismissal of charges by Florida county. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30678, p4
Reports that William R. Hugh & Co. and Raymond James & Associates Inc. are urging a Collier County, Florida circuit court to dismiss the yield-burning suit that was filed against them by Dwight Brock. Details of the lawsuit; Sale of Treasury securities to the county.
- Yield-burning suit to be filed against Florida-based dealers. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p1
Reports on the filing of yield-burning charges against Raymond James & Associates Inc. and other bond dealers filed on behalf of Collier County, Florida. Background of the case; Proposal for classifying the lawsuit as a class action move; Termination of settlement negotiations with the bond...
- Wells Wins $12M in Adviser Dispute. // American Banker;2/5/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F305, p16
The article reports that Wells Fargo Advisors LLC has been awarded 12.1 million dollars from Raymond James & Associates Inc. for alleged adviser raiding.
- LEGAL: Clause and effect. Macdonald, Sam // Marketing Week;8/4/2011, p98
The article discusses the court case involving IFA firm Raymond James & Associates Inc. and seven former Edward Jones & Co. LP advisers. The case involved allegations of solicitation, conspiracy and wilful commercial injury laid against the seven former Edward Jones advisers and their new...
- Clause and effect. Macdonald, Sam // Money Marketing;8/4/2011, p34
The article discusses a court case brought by Towry against independent financial adviser (IFA) firm Raymond James and seven former Edward Jones (EJ) advisers in Great Britain. The case involves allegations of solicitation, conspiracy, and wilful commercial injury against the advisers and Towry...
- Jefferson to Court: Don't Dismiss Counterclaims Against FGIC, Syncora. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/27/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32990, p27
The article reports on the three-count counterclaim filed by the Jefferson County's attorneys with the Alabama federal court against Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. and Syncora Guarantee Inc. The counterclaim said the insurers were negligent which resulted in the county's rating downgrades,...
- SEC to Weigh Changes to Muni Disclosure Rule. Ackerman, Andrew // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/10/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 26, p14
The article reports on the consideration of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to propose additional amendments to its Rule 15c2-12 on municipal bond disclosure in the U.S. It notes that the five-member commission has planned to conceive whether to provide interpretive guidance...
- Federal Trial Opens in Mamtek Investor Lawsuit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/14/2015, Issue 34242, p1
Jury selection began Tuesday in a federal class action lawsuit accusing the former Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. of securities fraud for its role in underwriting $39 million of defaulted bonds for a failed artificial sweetener plant in Moberly, Mo.