BankAmerica finalizes muni trust settlement
- BankAmerica says suit by California cities is not hurting business. Chase, Brett // American Banker;10/8/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 194, p4
Reports on a lawsuit filed by cities in California against BankAmerica Corp. for allegedly overcharging them as bond trustee. Wall Street analysts' lack of concern about the case; BankAmerica's optimism about the lawsuit's outcome.
- Bill's death strips shield from B of A in $1B Calif. suit. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;5/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 100, p5
Reports that a lobbying effort by the San Francisco city attorney's office and the state attorney general during the week of May 18, 1998, have stop a bill in the California Legislature, that would have protected BankAmerica Corporation from a lawsuit. What BankAmerica was being sued for;...
- Calif. court dismisses challenge to B of A's mandatory arbitration. Zuckerman, Sam // American Banker;8/22/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 161, p6
Reports on a California court's dismissal of a challenge to BankAmerica Corp.'s mandatory arbitration policy in disputes with consumers. Ruling that the company has not been unfair in requiring California credit card and deposit customers to accept arbitration; Plan of co-plaintiff Consumer...
- San Francisco pushes for jury trial in Bank America suit. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30364, p3
Reports on a motion filed by San Francisco, California attorneys' seeking jury trial for a lawsuit against BankAmerica Corp. Background of the case; Schedule of releasing the court's decision on April 15, 1998.
- BankAmerica says its records should be used in trust case. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30382, p1
Reports on the petition filed by BankAmerica Corp. for the investigation of its records to shed light on an allegation that the bank mismanaged billions of dollars of municipal bonds. Background of the case; Allegations of false claims made by the bank's corporate trust division; Projected...
- Issuers May Have to Update 'Stale' Financial Disclosures, Maco Warns. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p5
Reports that municipal bond issuers risk violating securities fraud laws if they disclose a `stale' audited financial statement without noting any `material' deterioration in their finances that may have occurred after the fiscal year ended. Warning given by Paul Maco, director of the United...
- BankAmerica sued over hedge fund losses. Gillam, Carey // American Banker;11/3/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 211, p6
Focuses on shareholder lawsuits filed against Charlotte, North Carolina-based BankAmerica Corp. Bank's alleged failure to disclose the extent of its hedge fund losses; Partial list of plaintiff attorneys; Earnings for the third quarter ended October 14, 1998.
- Bad-news bonds. // U.S. Banker;Jan99, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p16
Reports on BankAmerica Corp.'s (BofA) settlement amounting to $188 million of a California lawsuit involving bonds. Allegations that BofA had routinely miscalculated bond payments to local governments and falsified documents; Press statements of plaintiffs led by former employee Patrick Stull...
- B of A, Great Western facing class action on home titles. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;8/26/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 164, p8
Reports that BankAmerica Corp. and Great Western Financial Corp. face a potential class action by California homeowners. Allegations that the two failed to live up to mortgage agreements; Documentation and reconveyance; State law; Battle between lenders and borrowers in California Court of Appeals.