MuniAuction to lure more FAs onto Web
- MuniAuction Gets Broad Patent For Online Bidding Methodology. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p7
Reports on the patent obtained by MuniAuction Inc. on its methodology of electronic bond auctions. Effort to receive licensing fees from other start up firms; Application of the patent to sale of new bonds and notes.
- MuniAuction Hosts 1st Internet Swap Bid. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p7
Reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based MuniAuction has hosted its first auction of an interest-rate swap on February 1, 2001. Notional amount of the floating-to-fixed rate swap auction; Winner of the auction.
- New Haven to Sell GOs Online in Competitive Deal Worth $84M. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p5
Reports that the City of New Haven, Connecticut will sell general obligation bonds on MuniAuction Inc.'s online system. Features of the bonds; Use of the bonds to pay school debt and fund capital projects; Total amount of the bonds; Ratings for the bonds.
- Glitches aside, more players are giving e-trading its due. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30793, p1
Reports on the trading of municipal bonds on the Internet. Failure of MuniAuction Inc.'s first online large-scale auction of secondary market municipal bond holdings; Comments from traders, portfolio managers and technology gurus.
- Despite setback, MuniAuction still leads way in e-trading. Karchmer, Jennifer; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30794, p1
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s continued leadership in the race to build the United States bond market's premier electronic trading platform. Broker-dealers and institutional investors' plan to check out rival systems; Lack of preparation for influx of buy-side interest in December 1999.
- MuniAuction Becomes ATS To Answer SEC's Concerns. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;04/03/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30862, p1
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission to become an alternative trading system. Rules on electronic trading system; Quarterly volume reports needed.
- Players debate pros and cons of Pittsburgh's Internet plan. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/28/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30757, p1
Reports on the plan of MuniAuction Inc. to sell 55 million dollars of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania general obligation bonds via its Internet Web site. Direct sale to institutional investors; Effects of the Internet sale on market liquidity; Streamlining of the bidding process.
- Fort Wayne's upcoming bond sale marks Indiana's first electronic bid. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;12/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30537, p5
Reports that Fort Wayne, Indiana will become the state's first municipality to competitively bid bonds electronically when it sells sewage works junior revenue bonds via MuniAuction Inc.'s Web site. Eligible electronic bidders; Fee for using the service.
- Panel: Consortiums to Be Big in E-Trading. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31036, p4
Forecasts the platforms of electronic bond trading in the United States. Control of consortiums of bond firms; Financing of the bond firms.