Private Charitable Foundations: A Primer
- Everyone can win with girls to charitable organizations. Marable, Don S. // Fort Worth Business Press;12/15/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p11
The article presents a discussion about the financial benefits of donating to charitable organizations in the U.S. It is noted that donations made to charities that were given 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status are usually tax deductible. An individual can set up a charitable remainder trust with help...
- Foundation Reaches Milestone. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/4/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p9
Reports that the Grand Rapids Community Foundation in Michigan has reached the $75 million mark in giving. Significance of the foundation's achievement; Total number of grants issued by the foundation since its establishment; Background on the establishment of the foundation.
- Foundations show growing commitment to Central Valley. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/19/2001, Issue 322736, p19
Discusses the growing commitment of foundations to Central Valley, California. Volume and types of grants rewarded; Counties of interest to national foundations; Investments made by the top ten United States foundations in the district.
- Unique fund targets quality. // Nature;6/10/1993, Vol. 363 Issue 6429, p487
Highlights the accomplishments of the Andes Foundation in Santiago, Chile. Fund from an endowment left by the dissolution of mining companies headed by Luis Hochild; Mandate in improving educational, cultural and social welfare; Influence of physicist Igor Saavedra on the education budget;...
- PHILANTHROPY. // San Diego Business Journal;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p35
Reports on the donation issued to The SharpHealthCare Foundation from the Helen K. and James S. Copley Foundation for the Campaign for SharpHealthCare in San Diego, California.
- Notes on a merge. // Third Sector;2/16/2010, Issue 602, p12
The article looks at the events and issues that occur in 2009 that led to the merging of disability charities, Speaking Up and Advocacy Partners.
- A new method of funding. McCurry, Patrick // Third Sector;4/20/2010, Issue 611, p21
The article discusses venture philanthropy, a method of funding, used by Impetus Trust.
- Online filing could boost charities' Gift Aid claims. Hudson, Sophie // Third Sector;9/7/2010, Issue 629, p5
The article reports on the report "Digital Giving Modernising Gift Aid: Taking civil society into the digital age," from ResPublica, which showed that online filing of claims could reduce the amount of unclaimed Gift Aid by 750 million British pounds.
- Some tax-efficient ways of giving. // Accountancy;Dec85, Vol. 96 Issue 1108, p39
Suggests various ways of tax-efficient methods of giving to charities in Great Britain. Advantages of making a covenant to the Charities Aid Foundation; Average tax relief for donations; Charity investment plans offered by the Fidelity/Cancer Research Campaign.